Fishtec.

Has anyone ever had any problems with the above company?

I have ordered quite a few things in the past off them though the bay shop with no problems what so ever, but I ordered a rod around the 15th of June and they took the money via PayPal straight away and then emailed me and told me it was out of stock. They said it would be back in stock and delivered at the end of July. 

So I gave them the benefit of the doubt and left it at that, today I got another email saying still out of stock and now will be the end of August. 

I'm going to phone them tomorrow and council my order and try and get the rod else were. 

Just wondered if anyone else has had any problems with them before. 

I’ve used them via eBay on a few occasions and never had an issue...quite the opposite in fact......always found them to be very accommodating and excellent  customer service.

what you have said does not sound good though ! They shouldn’t really be selling a product they are not in possession of unles it clearly states it’s a  pre order, at which point you pay your money and take your chances as we all know companies can’t control the supply chain. 

Hope you get it it all sorted out 😁

Edited by spr1985
Spelling

Well i cancelled my rod. 😭

There was no problem cancelling the order, but from what I've read if I understand it properly I have to wait for up to 30 days to get my money back from PayPal. 😵

If that is the case I'm well *****d of considering they took the money when they didn't even have the rods in stock. 😤😤😤😤

17 minutes ago, finchey said:

There was no problem cancelling the order, but from what I've read if I understand it properly I have to wait for up to 30 days to get my money back from PayPal. 😵

If that is the case I'm well *****d of considering they took the money when they didn't even have the rods in stock. 😤😤😤😤

If it makes ya feel better mate PayPal always say that just to cover their but, usually only takes a couple of days 

2 hours ago, finchey said:

I remember paying out over £400 notes using PayPal years ago , I did  a typo on the recievers name so the money stayed unclaimed . They really dragged there heels in returning my money . It took phone calls & emails to get them to pull there finger out in the end !  

I would email them sooner rather than later your probably get it back quicker .

ive had the same thing with fosters of Birmingham, erics angling and angling direct saying they had items in stock but after id paid I receive an email saying they aren't actually in stock and will have to wait until they were back in stock

the only one that took ages was fosters and after I rang them and kicked off they banned my debit card number from their system lol

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:00, finchey said:

Sounds as though that it's paypal covering you mate and they will be refunding you and not Fishtec…….. I don't use Fishtec much as I think they are a bit expensive. They just look like a middle man to me and don't actually stock anything, but take an order and send it to us directly from the manufacturer, or another wholesaler.( could be wrong, but that's how they come across to me as they stick to the RRP on most things) There sales mag does not get updated and resent, so some of the stuff showing for sale has been discontinued and I guess it's pot luck as to whether there are any left...… For instance, they are still selling the Aqua Atom at rrp but Aqua discontinued these a little while ago.... Dare say if someone orders one, they will have similar probs to yourself...…… Hope you get it sorted buddy 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I eventually got my money back after just short of four weeks and another phone call to fishtec. 😀

It was a fishtec problem not PayPal. 

It turned out that the guy I spoke to the first time at fishtec had messed up cancelling the order, when I spoke to them again I got my money back in 48 hours. 

So I will definitely not be using fishtec again. 😤

2 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Well humans make mistakes mate, I used them again recently via eBay (bought a nash bp6 reel) said it would be a week and turned up two days later, it funny how one company can give such varying levels of service 

Yes I agree humans can make mistakes but the original post was about waiting for a rod for 8 weeks that they sold me and neglected to tell me that it was out of stock. 

Thats my reason for not using them again. 

I have used them quite a few times in the past myself with no problems, my resent experience has put me off using the shop again but you never know I may change my mind. 😀

2 hours ago, finchey said:

Yes I agree humans can make mistakes but the original post was about waiting for a rod for 8 weeks that they sold me and neglected to tell me that it was out of stock. 

Thats my reason for not using them again. 

I have used them quite a few times in the past myself with no problems, my resent experience has put me off using the shop again but you never know I may change my mind. 😀

I have to say, that human error or not...… If I have a bad experience with a company, I tend not to use them unless I really have to... Over time and the odd bad experience I've whittled it down to a handful of places that I buy from, even if some of them are a couple of quid dearer on some things...…. I don't mind if it's a good reliable service... Hate waiting for deliveries that don't arrive on time...…..

Good to know they sorted it fella.  🙂