2 Man Bivvy suggestion please

Hi All ,

I'm really wanting to go fishing but holding back due to the cold , My health is'nt 100% so need some kind of shelter from rain and wind , I'm looking at buying a Bivvy for Me and the Fiancee to use so a 2 Man Bivvy would be ideal , I will never use it for overnight fishing so no idea if that would make a difference in what I would buy ? , 

One main factor would be that it opened at the front quite wide so We could both sit and see the rods ,

Thanks 

John ,

My wife has recently bought me one of these for Christmas...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quest-MK1-2-Man-Bivvy-Carp-Fishing-Pram-hood-Overnight-Shelter-Tackle/362076858000?epid=22003782162&hash=item544d766690:g:yksAAOSwvv9ZhFSz

Haven't used it yet but it gets very good reviews, and I thought it was brilliant for the price.

8 hours ago, smufter said:

My wife has recently bought me one of these for Christmas...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quest-MK1-2-Man-Bivvy-Carp-Fishing-Pram-hood-Overnight-Shelter-Tackle/362076858000?epid=22003782162&hash=item544d766690:g:yksAAOSwvv9ZhFSz

Haven't used it yet but it gets very good reviews, and I thought it was brilliant for the price.

Hey Smufter , that is a luvley bivvy , the one thing that stands out as a plus is definitely the " hood " ... I dont mind admiting that sometimes I like to reel in the rods and do some float fishing , the hood would be great cover while sitting forward holding the rod , Many thanks :)

5 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Thinking about your situation, and wonder if the JRC Defender shelter would work for you?

http://www.jrc-fishing.co.uk/jrc-bivvies-jrc-defender/jrc-defender-shelter/1454191-0300.html#start=7

Hey Salok , I was thinking JRC but with all Bivvys I get a bit confused :? , I have a look ... see the ideal " Bivvy " and then suddenly see a list of separate layers that make the shown picture , not sure if that makes sense , I've never bought one before due to this , I have added a picture of the JRC bivvy stuff ( hope it works :D , ) that shows the JRC defender shelter ... plus other " defender products ,

so ... if I bought the defender shelter like you mentioned , could I buy the defender peak bivvy wrap and throw it over the defender shelter and it fits ? , It may seem weird what I'm saying but I'm honestly clueless on things like this , Thanks Sir :)

Untitle.jpg

The defender shelter requires the defender shelter wrap 

the defender peak bivvy requires the defender peak overwrap

the defender bivvy requires the defender bivvy overwrap

hope that helps 

and

hope this doesn’t confuse...

ps the defender peak wrap would **probably** fit over the defender shelter but would NOT fit correctly and the peak would likely sag/ droop 

2 hours ago, spr1985 said:

The defender shelter requires the defender shelter wrap 

the defender peak bivvy requires the defender peak overwrap

the defender bivvy requires the defender bivvy overwrap

hope that helps 

and

hope this doesn’t confuse...

ps the defender peak wrap would **probably** fit over the defender shelter but would NOT fit correctly and the peak would likely sag/ droop 

Hi SPR ,

That makes total sense , Thanks so much for explaining it ... now to choose it :D

Edited by banjojohn