Cyprinus Base Head Quarters Bivvy 2 Man

Hello Guys,

New poster and just looking for some advice really. I've been searching around for months for a Trakker Armo Mk2 V3 and for the life of me can't find a well looked after one at the right price.

I had one previously and loved it before selling all of my gear, i'm on the market for a new bivvy and stumbled along the following:

https://www.cyprinus.co.uk/collections/bivvy/products/base-head-quarters-bivvy-1-2-man?variant=39167215052

My all accounts on design its a carbon copy of the armo and at £259.99 its nearly half the price, my question is as i haven't seen one in person can anyone vouch for the build quality of these Cyprinus bivvys and also the quality of the waterproof material?

Many thanks in advance Matt

11 hours ago, Big Common said:

Cyprinus gear comes from the same factory as branded gear and is re badged.. They do an exact copy of my bed chair, for a bit cheaper (Wychwood Tactical).... Can't help with the quality of that bivvy, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a re badged Trakker.

Correct. They're not even copies, they're the real thing but with a different badge.

11 hours ago, chillfactor said:

aquatex

11 hours ago, Gardy87 said:

Hydro-tec

I am led to believe they are the same thing lads. Same factory, same production line, same bivvy, different badge.

They do the Aqua Fast n Light MKII  for 95 quid delivered with a different badge and slightly poorer storm poles - it's 300 quid from Aqua!!!!

4 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

pretty sure the materials are different mate having seen them in the flesh .

the aqua is different again from the trakker higher rated aquatex .

Fair play, I've not seen them myself bud, took my info from reviews on another forum.

Aqua and Trakker are the same company. Pretty sure their Aquatex has been identical for at least 5 years now?

16 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

so who owns Cyprinus then ? 

They're part of the same group that own Tackle Discounts - basically it's a bloke from Oxford and a couple of Chinese guys that pay the Factory's in China to use all the materials/tooling from the bigger brands and sell direct to the consumer online for a fraction of the price.  It's a great business model you have to admit it, but I know they got in trouble with Aqua recently for selling the F&L branded so similarly, not sure what the conclusion of that little episode was though.

Hi guys thought I would give a quick update as my bivvy arrived today I picked it up brand new on an eBay auction for £144.99 posted which I thought was a great deal in itself.

Starters the bivvy comes in a oversized bivvy bag that’s the same quality and material as the armo. So first impressions fantastic, the bivvy itself material wise is far superior than what I was expecting and if I was to put this and the armo together just material wise to touch and look at I’m not sure I would be able to tell which one is the more expensive.

The frame poles look well made again a striking comparison to the trakker ones but with little plastic heads on the male part to prevent puncturing the bivvy itself with the metal head.

Heavy duty pegs.. well they’re heavy duty pegs aren’t they! 

Heavy duty ground sheet now this was my only slight concern when ordering as id read it was not much more than a green tarp it was that thin.. well it’s not don’t get me wrong I’d be lying if I said it was as thick as the trakker one as it simply isn’t but it feels stronger and more durable than I was expecting, personally I will use a tension strap with my bivvy as I just find it easier but this sheet will last I’m fairly confident on that.

I will post an update on the weatherproof side of the bivvy once I get out on the bank as it would be unjust to draw a conclusion at face value when comparing to the armo!

In all very happy especially for the money I paid and fingers crossed it does the job in the upcoming seasons!

Matt

30 minutes ago, Gardy87 said:

So first impressions fantastic, the bivvy itself material wise is far superior than what I was expecting and if I was to put this and the armo together just material wise to touch and look at I’m not sure I would be able to tell which one is the more expensive.

So, to clarify, it is different to Aquatexx then mate? Or are you saying you're not sure?

Edited by yonny