Terminal Tackle Brand Choices and Why?

Lee Kashan

7 minutes ago, TM1985 said:

Mainly Korda in my box but im not fussy if i see something and like the look of it il buy it. Don't understand the people who only use things from one brand you could short side yourself and be missing a trick.

I tried them all over the years, believe me, I used to eat old lentils just so I could load up on all the latest hooks and gizmos

ESP just happen to be the ones I like and ended up on

They fit my fishing, so why keep changing?

I refuse to keep buying tonnes of gear, I spent more than my fair share over the years and some of it is see through expensive (no names mentioned)

I invested in a load of lovely old second hand rods and a few new ones and bought spare reels and spare everything and did a rod building course so I could repair and rebuild my own stuff and stop the (pretty bad habit) I had developed with constantly buying the latest flash gear

It's a bit of a trap in my opinion

Pick what you like and stick with it. It's good for the head. I'm really happy with my rigs and all that, and my new bait, so why change?

I also carry an incredibly small amount of gear. I can do a week birthday session on a single, small barrow. I'm proud of that, I HATE clutter, I went on a trip with a mate with a bad back recently to help him, he bought such an obscene amount of gear that I deleted his number and haven't seen him again. Literally FIVE barrow loads, six different tackle boxes, three recycling boxes full of bait, holdall with six rods in it on a two lake water.. it was proper ridiculous and did my own back in.. no wonder he had a bad back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lee Kashan

I find that no one manufacturer suits my needs, although there are some brands I try to avoid purposely, and other individual items from other manufacturers.

Fox hooks, had a couple open up on me, and bend back into shape after the fish went, you know when you see things in slow motion? I saw the hook open out and spring back, lost me a good 30 from a local water. The same thing happened to a mate, as a result, I will not use Fox hooks.

Korda hooks, in fact most Korda tackle, I avoid, although some of their v or wedge shaped hair stops have recently made it into the tackle box, albeit I found them, they are good for dealing with Crayfish in meshed baits, and also lock into wooden balls nicely.

Their hooks are absolute kacke, points that blunt if you sneeze on them, and other items of tackle like hooklink materials and lead clips just not good enough.

Gardner Mugga hooks, a brilliant curve shank hook, can't recall ever had one fail on me, and even though i'm with Solar Tackle I still have some rigs tied with Muggas.

Solar 101's hooks, Run Rings, tubing, indicators, buffer beads, perfect.

I have also given up on 'branded' swivels, most come from the same sources. Mustad, Leeda, Berkeley, Fox, Korda, take your pick, I am not paying Carp tax. I want a size 8 swivel, or a size 11