Can anyone identify this model of Nash pod please

I've already moved onto another water during the closed season, it's in the same area but it's suffered and is still vulnerable to Otters. I haven't seen them yet but scales have been found on a number of occasions.

Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread.

Back to the OP the pod looks similar to a Gardner Black Shadow Pod with different banksticks and buzz bars attached.

I have the gardner black shadow with cygnet 20/20 sticks and bars, works a treat.

Tbh the buzz bars look way to close if your using big reels like the fox 11s no way will 3 of them sit side by side ... if you are using 2 rods it should be fine ... another tip if using 2 rods use the legs as the bank sticks ... if they are adjustable even better you can then set your rod up on uneven banks.

Tbh i do preferr the goalpost type alot more stiffer in the past using a triangle pod in strong winds it was giving me false one noters out the alarms , mine was cheap thoe and i got it when i first started carping before golaposts come about.

One thing was my buzz bars were twice the lenght of yours mabey the reason why they desinged them so short to stop them flapping about in the wind.

Just use it mate and if your happy and it does you a season well then you saved some money that could go towards a nice stainless one in the future ... im still and always adding bits i need.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey... that's a lot of angst there about pods.... go with what feels good for you and damn the torpedoes.... if we all went the same way, life'd be dead boring...

Meself, I use a pod occasionally (Fox black label compact) if the banks are rock hard, or I'm on a platform, but if I'm on a soft(ish) bank I'll use my Interlok sticks and buzz bars.

I have to say that I'm a bit of a tackle tart when it comes to buzz bars and sticks, I have some old Fox ones and some of the early black anodised alloy ones, but my Inerloks are dead sexy and are my "Go-To" on most waters... What does annoy me is "Mallet Man" for goodness sake ! Learn to use Screw Point banksticks... you may even catch more fish due to less bankside disturbance... (and you won't annoy the rest of the lake users either)8)

I must have missed this thread first time round. Tbf i didn't miss much. Pod, sticks, whatever, who cares? I have used and will continue to use both when the situation requires it. Tangles? Neither is better than the other for tangles IMO, and I've not suffered with either.

To the OP, I have a set of the buzz bars off that pod hiding in the bottom of my spares box somewhere. If you ever have a problem with yours give me a shout, you can have them. I had the long storm poles from the same range but can't recall seeing them in many years. I'll warn you, that kit is heavy (I'm pretty sure it's steel rather than aluminium).

5 hours ago, yonny said:

I must have missed this thread first time round. Tbf i didn't miss much. Pod, sticks, whatever, who cares? I have used and will continue to use both when the situation requires it. Tangles? Neither is better than the other for tangles IMO, and I've not suffered with either.

To the OP, I have a set of the buzz bars off that pod hiding in the bottom of my spares box somewhere. If you ever have a problem with yours give me a shout, you can have them. I had the long storm poles from the same range but can't recall seeing them in many years. I'll warn you, that kit is heavy (I'm pretty sure it's steel rather than aluminium).

Hi many thanks luckily the buzz bars seem ok well 2 of the 3 fittings do on one of them, if you do want to let them go I would happily make a contribution for them as they will definitely be handy hope and yes I agree it is of substantial weight at least it is not likely to be flimsy lol 

1 hour ago, yonny said:

You can have them for free fella, although you'd have to cover postage of required. Where are you based?

Let me have a quick dig tonight, make sure I can find them.

I'm in Cumbria more than willing to pay postage and a few beer tokens too as I won't be changing the pod for the foreseeable future 

thanks your a gent