Baitdrones

1 hour ago, DEANO30 said:

I think its best use would to be able to drop floating goose eggs that you find into your neighbours swims so they vacate the area less lines in the water ... less pressure on the fish its a win win for me.

you could do a fly by and drop your bait and continue enroute and drop stink bombs on your competitor.

seriously though, i thought with drones being available to buy that baitboats would have been consigned to history.  especially with 4k cameras and the ability you can control and view via a tablet.

The concept for using drones whilst fishing will take of at some point in time , its just their noise will get them banned on most waters .

Theirs a vid on Youtube somewhere of a guy catching ,i guess an American Black Bass around the 3 Lb mark spinning using a drone ,and he lands it.

Fishing with them is against the law in Canada, (maybe all Canada, maybe not), but I think we may get away with dropping bait.  With a camera you could put it right on a marker float.  Limitations on weight make it marginally effective for what I like to do, but if you wanted to put boilies right on your bait it would be good.

I think the main problem is people misuse them, wait till there have been incidents of people shooting them out of the sky or someone crashing one into some ones multi thousand pound setup.  :lol:

Also wonder if some lakes might have flight restrictions over the land they sit on there are quite a few airports etc.. close to fisheries or fisheries located on flight paths 

On my water in the rules it states no use of anything radio controlled.

Tbh i do own a cheap £90 drone and it has to be a calm day to get it to fly right abit of side wind and it takes you off course ... they are not the easiest things to learn and the controls take abit of time to get your head round lucky for me my garden backs onto fields so i have plenty of space to learn but after 6 months im still average and would not be confident using it on a water i think a more expensive one would fly better but do you really wanna be spending bait boat money on a drone.

Also the goverment is in the process of making tighter rules for the use of them and will be restricted to private land in the end i think.

I dnt think they will take off if im being honest.