Fishing like Chris Yates

Uroy

• 5 years later...

I’ve just spent a few hours revisiting YouTube for anything Chris Yates .

Passion for Angling , The Secret Carp , Secret Lake (with Martin Bowler).

Love it . Watching these , most things in fact , featuring Yates/Bowler & Bob James really takes me back to basics , reminding that you don’t need Bivvies & bite alarms to catch a fish .

Roll on Spring 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2016 at 22:02, welder said:

Quite often, on an otherwise bland water, the marginal edge is the only feature.

Nick and I have fished at socials together several times and I feel sure that he'll confirm that I always have at least one rod down the edge. Often more than one.

Ian

Old thread resurrected and I am still the same.

Quite frequently I will have my 2 outer rods fished in the margins, the middle rod to 'the middle' is a bonus rod more than a catching rod.

I mention catching 30's from the margins, and it still holds. 

THE BEST feature in any lake, including Brackens, and I caught from the margins of Nazeing South as well, even if the rods were on buzzers.

My syndicate can be rock hard, maybe 150 carp in 45 acres, yet fish still get caught close in. My mate Bruce caught his first 2 fish from baits lowered in when he saw fish feeding in the margins. Within an hour one had its face on camera, in the middle of the night so did another, he was made up.

My first 2 fish from the lake were caught around 10metres from the rod tip, just over the marginal shelf as well.

The number of fish I have caught on dog biscuits lowered from the rod tip just touching the water, even with the centrepin.