Supple fluorocarbon hooklink?

j20nyh

I'm fishing a low stock gin clear water with some very spooky fish so thinking of switching to fluorocarbon hooklinks instead of my usual coated braid.

What's the best and most supple fluoro for tying some D rigs? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korda stuff or just buy the ready made d rigs, uncle dannys favourite

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Honestly bud, you'll struggle to find a purpose made hooklink much more supple than IQ2. Most are intended to be stiff. A geezer on the other forum suggested you should check out the fluro mainlines, that's not a bad shout. I use X Line in 10 lb for zigs due to its better abrasions resistance than the pre-stretched zig lines, it's good stuff.

When the going gets really, really tough I turn to bog standard off-the-reel mono. Super supple, super subtle, no one else doing it. What more could you ask for?

I must admit I do like a stiffer hooklink material, so switch to Amnesia in clear. It ties a lovely D-rig :wink:

I've been using coated braid for the last 2 or 3 years for my hook lengths, but am now thinking about going back to using either mono or fluro.

I might tie a few rigs using the left over DPF line that I have.

It's fluro coated, and if it's as invisible as Wychwood claim, will be the perfect solution to an age old problem.

Knots well, sinks well. Got to be worth a try, surely????