Why are Gardner Covert Mugga hooks in such short supply????

in which case your also criticising the multi rig .

Those rigs you posted the picture of Phil ,wouldn't last 5 mins in some of the crey infested lakes i fish.

It's all horses for courses mate .

Good job i dont fish the crAy infested lakes then, im not criticizing them at all, just stating that most of the rigs are variants of the same rig, multi, pop up, swivel on hook with bead etc the hook has the same angle

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Good job i dont fish the crAy infested lakes then, im not criticizing them at all, just stating that most of the rigs are variants of the same rig, multi, pop up, swivel on hook with bead etc the hook has the same angle

Don't think they all are to be honest :wink:

You consider that the D-rig was one anglers answer when the basic hair had been sussed on Savay, and an alternative from someone else was the Extending hair.

Then the line aligner was a non mouth damaging alternative to Piggyback (long curved shank) and Bent hooks.

The Withy was nothing like the 360 rig, and if you fished a pop-up on a long hair it will be nothing like how it is on a short hair...

Actually how a pop-up and hook sits can change dependant on how or where the bait is attached, how the hook is counterbalanced, or even whether overweighted or critically balanced, or simply by a standard hair and the pop-up not buoyant enough to lift the hook at all.

As Phil says, Crays can destroy a rig in minutes.

You may not fish a water with them in now, but at some point...

Don't think they all are to be honest :wink:

You consider that the D-rig was one anglers answer when the basic hair had been sussed on Savay, and an alternative from someone else was the Extending hair.

Then the line aligner was a non mouth damaging alternative to Piggyback (long curved shank) and Bent hooks.

The Withy was nothing like the 360 rig, and if you fished a pop-up on a long hair it will be nothing like how it is on a short hair...

Actually how a pop-up and hook sits can change dependant on how or where the bait is attached, how the hook is counterbalanced, or even whether overweighted or critically balanced, or simply by a standard hair and the pop-up not buoyant enough to lift the hook at all.

As Phil says, Crays can destroy a rig in minutes.

You may not fish a water with them in now, but at some point...

That wasn't the point i was making though...

But at some point add Catfish ,

What gets me is I have fished a water with Cats, and never hooked one. My mate was in the next swim, on the same bait, and rigs, and landed his first ever Cat, albeit only double figures.

I seem to get plagued by crayfish.

This week I went back to a standard line aligned and knotless knotted rig, and had a series of bleeps last night. My boilie stop had been removed and the top Seafood Takeaway boilie had been pinched. The bottom Chilli Club boilie had been left.

I recast with a fresh top bait, and had another series of bleeps. This morning I retrieved and the top bait had been whittled down from 14mm to about 8mm. The Chilli Club had again been untouched!

I had baited this rod up with 2pints of maggots and crushed boilies in PVA bags.

The other rod on Seafood Takeaway and stringer rather than crushed baits was untouched.

That does pose an interesting benefit maybe, in that the Crays are not a fan of the Chilli baits, which could be good news for a real hookbait.

The annoyance is that the carp weren't interested either though.

I was fishing for carp (look at cackle hill report) i had a 40lb cat, most people fish of a lifetime, didnt bloomin want it, let alone land it on my own at 12am!

hahaha!! last time at a local venue i was talking to the bailiff and trying to sus where they were biting and he happened to mention that the top lake had just had a 70lb cat out last night, that sealed it for me, bottom lake it was then :lol: