Spod line

Get a shockleader on and use any old cheapo 8-10 lb line.

I used to use the expensive braids but got so cheesed off with having to wet the line and still ending up with frap ups, winds knots and general birds nesting. I just went to 10 lb pro clear with a tapered leader and hey presto, jobs a good'n.

Get a shockleader on and use any old cheapo 8-10 lb line.

I used to use the expensive braids but got so cheesed off with having to wet the line and still ending up with frap ups, winds knots and general birds nesting. I just went to 10 lb pro clear with a tapered leader and hey presto, jobs a good'n.

Yeah im looking to stick with mono. Suprised by 8-10LB line. I would have thought more because of teh pressure it was under?

not really. I could have changed the line or had a shockleader on and still had a crack off.

How exactly?? Use this- per 1oz of bait = 10lb of line plus 10 for safety. So a 4 oz spod would need a 50lb leader, like greased weasel. I used to beach fish and always used a leader, if your chucking 80yrds how much pressure is on the line? What if you were fishing a lake and cracked off? Spods gonna just carry on and maybe hit someone. Read up on these things before using them, mind boggles

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I use this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500M-30LB-0-26mm-Dyneema-Fishing-Line-PE-Braided-Four-Strands-Various-Optional-/141322795741?var=&hash=item20e77ebadd:m:m6sDnW2_uRu8_mDfVosH0lw

straight through with a large spomb tied directly on to the end. 

Only crack off i've had was when the swivel in the spomb snapped on me. No trouble with wind knots, bad frap or anything, I just splash my spool with water if im baiting up heavy or at long range.