Wychwood DPF line?????

As I mentioned above, I am using the 18lb flavour as I tend to buy my line based on diameter rather than quoted breaking strain.

The 18lb seems to be somewhere between the thickness of the 12 and 15 of my previously preferred Technium Black.

I've certainly had no problems at all with it knotting satisfactorily.

It sits on the spool nicely. Also casts very well, and sinks really quickly, which I like.

I haven't lost any fish on it yet, but having said that I've only caught one since I've been using it, and that was hardly a "monster" at about 8 or 9lb.

The only thing I have noticed is that I am getting a lot more "liners" with it.... could be coincidence, but could it back up what Wychwood are saying about it being more invisible to fish?? Dunno.

Jury is out for me on this line at the moment. Like I say, I am enjoying it's "bankside" properties but I've hit a barren spell with regards catch rate since going over to it, so not sure if it's the line, my bait, the fish just not wanting to know, or me being a numpty!

A few more fish on the bank will up my confidence with it.

I have bought a bulk spool of Technium Black to go on my spare spools "just in case".

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:

How you getting on with it now mate? Its time for me to spool my big pits and I'm not sure what to use, might give the line you're using a go or go with daiwa sensor lol

How you getting on with it now mate? Its time for me to spool my big pits and I'm not sure what to use, might give the line you're using a go or go with daiwa sensor lol

Well I'm hoping it's a coincidence, but since using it I've only caught one fish!

Having said that, I've been fishing notoriously hard waters.

But I have noticed I'm getting a lot more liners so maybe they can't see it??

I hope it is coincidental.... I've just bought some ready for the new reels I'll be ordering soon [emoji33] ah well if it's bad news it's only 12£ and I have a bull spool of sensor in my bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seriously thinking of loading my spare spools up with Technium Black and going back to that for a while. I have a spare bulk spool of 12lb which is gathering dust at the moment, so nothing ventured nothing gained.

The lake I am now fishing is quite silty and I have the utmost confidence in the Technium having used it for the past 3 or 4 years.

This game is all about confidence.

I have confidence in all of the rest of my tackle, my bait and my approach.

The only thing I don't have 100% confidence in is the line.

I'm thinking of taking that out of the equation.

The DPF casts and sinks superbly. Of that I have no doubt.

But is that enough??????

Edited by smufter