All round rod

Yer this rod had 3 tips with it. Are they purely for different weight fish?

It's a float & feeder combo rod , carp rod yes , specimen sized carp ? I doubt it .

http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/feeder-rods/tf-gear-banshee-11-13'-allrounder-rod/39/no/56208

It's not a bad rod to get imo if you are intent on bagging up on small carp on a commercial .

If your planning on targeting something a little bit bigger then I'd be getting myself to the tackle shop , having a little feel /play with the rods down there and be getting the best rod you can afford in a 2.75lb test curve .

Unless your planing on casting 4oz leads 150 yards + then it will cover you for just about every uk scenario.

In my humble of course.

hi Kingnewport and welcome to the forum,

mr newmarket has given some good advice but just my 1p worth, i would personally drop down to a 2.25lb test curve which will still give you good indication on a light feeder while being able to cope with that happy accident when a biggie comes along.

Some cracking rods out there for around the same price as the one you are looking at.

i personally have the Mat Hayes feeder rod for light stuff and for its price its bang on, also the Chub Outkast in 2.25 or the Fox Warrior S, they are all good rods when balanced with the right reel. as said, get yourself down to the local tackleshop (if you can find one) and do some feeling, ask if they can set the rods up with a few reels too so you get a proper feel for the balance.

happy shopping :wink:

I may go against the grain, in that I like using an Avon style rod for smaller carp, although that same rod has landed fish to over 20 when floater fishing, but boy did I get pooped with having to play the fish around a lily bed...

I would be looking at a rod of around 1.5-2.0lb test curve if you want that same rod for tench, bream, barbel, chub and carp, but if you were using it exclusively for carp, then 2.5-2.75lb TC.

I use Chub Outkast "Small water" rods.

11' and 2.25lb.

They are brilliant "all rounders" for most fishing situations,

The only thing you couldn't do with them is lob a heavy lead any distance.

I have caught carp to 37lb on them, and would be quite happy freelining, surface fishing or even float fishing with them

I use Chub Outkast "Small water" rods.

11' and 2.25lb.

They are brilliant "all rounders" for most fishing situations,

The only thing you couldn't do with them is lob a heavy lead any distance.

I have caught carp to 37lb on them, and would be quite happy freelining, surface fishing or even float fishing with them

It's been a while ... :)