Rig Morole anyone

Hi peeps,

Anyone using their Freefall Micro Braided Tube ?

Just got me a couple of packs as the line i'm currently using refused to thread down standard internal bore stuff i have.

Looks really good for something a simple as tube with an inner stainless core that allows for easier threading and after trying the Big Game in 20lb i can confirm it's a good threader :)

Funny thing is whilst parting me my money in my local Tackle shop a random guy in there said you can cut it down if you like, But i replied it clearly states on the packet

"This product has been custom made in 1mtr lengths. This product cannot be cut down into smaller lengths without loss of performance"

The bloke then told me he used to work for this company but the Chinese brought them out and they print any ol **** on the packets !

Now i think the length is just right but wonder what performance loss they are indicating ?

rig%20morole%20tube_zpstdeqn4yi.jpg

Hi peeps,

Anyone using their Freefall Micro Braided Tube ?

Just got me a couple of packs as the line i'm currently using refused to thread down standard internal bore stuff i have.

Looks really good for something a simple as tube with an inner stainless core that allows for easier threading and after trying the Big Game in 20lb i can confirm it's a good threader :)

Funny thing is whilst parting me my money in my local Tackle shop a random guy in there said you can cut it down if you like, But i replied it clearly states on the packet

"This product has been custom made in 1mtr lengths. This product cannot be cut down into smaller lengths without loss of performance"

The bloke then told me he used to work for this company but the Chinese brought them out and they print any ol **** on the packets !

Now i think the length is just right but wonder what performance loss they are indicating ?

rig%20morole%20tube_zpstdeqn4yi.jpg

I've got some of this and the back of mine states:

Can be cut with sharp scissors

What's put me off using it is that it's a coil of steel on the inside. It should be nice and heavy when on the lake bead, BUT if that's a coil of steel wire on the inside, surely the cut ends will be fairly sharp and could cause serious line damage.

What I've gone for instead is the Korda Dark Matter and got myself the Nash Tube Threader. Basically a twisted long thin steel wire with a loop at the end.

Edited by InteraX

I've got some of this and the back of mine states:

Can be cut with sharp scissors

What's put me off using it is that it's a coil of steel on the inside. It should be nice and heavy when on the lake bead, BUT if that's a coil of steel wire on the inside, surely the cut ends will be fairly sharp and could cause serious line damage.

What I've gone for instead is the Korda Dark Matter and got myself the Nash Tube Threader. Basically a twisted long thin steel wire with a loop at the end.

Interesting as this is what appears on the back now.

what's changed i wonder ?

20160627_190631_001_zpswwqhtxtd.jpg