Anyone got any reviews on the trakker tempest v2 bivvy

I've got the V2 and it is good, goes up easily, comes down & packs away easily, has loads of room, however, my one bug bear is, having spent years working out their bivvys needed something to stop raining coming in the front door why didn't they put a peak on it. When it rains it's like I've gone back 5 years with the floor getting wet from the drips. TBH I lot like a numpty and make a peak with a golf umbrella strapped to the tension bar. No doubt V4 will have a peake

Edited by markspod

I've got the V2 and it is good, goes up easily, comes down & packs away easily, has loads of room, however, my one bug bear is, having spent years working out their bivvys needed something to stop raining coming in the front door why didn't they put a peak on it. When it rains it's like I've gone back 5 years with the floor getting wet from the drips. TBH I lot like a numpty and make a peak with a golf umbrella strapped to the tension bar. No doubt V4 will have a peake

This amuses me, probably for the wrong reasons.

A raised edge on the front bar, i.e the bar inside the material sleeve, the bar above the door having material joining it to the front all the way along will stop water coming inside the bivvy, strictly speaking there is no need for a peak on a bivvy.

A peak helps if you set up facing the weather, in theory it reduces rain getting into the front of your bivvy. However a stronger wind can blow rain droplets into your bivvy, whether you have a peak or not.

The peak on many modern domes seems to be a part porch, or a cut down porch, with no storm sides.

Not being funny, but I could not justify the money for Trakker, despite having the option to buy them through work!

IMHO based on the luxury of fishing with one of the top known anglers and a mate who has purchased the V2 there seems to be a common issue with the front arm snapping.

Both guys purchased these within a couple of weeks of each other and have noticed this happen to both there V2's even though these were bought at separate retailers.

These are being repaired at no cost but the wait is around 6 weeks.

I personally do like Trakker products and was looking at upgrading to one of these or similar but think i'll stick to my Nash double top pro after watching the V2's flap about in strong gusts.

• 2 years later...

I bought a tempest in October 2018. Only used it 4 times now. A day session 2 sessions at 24 hours and a session at 48 hours. It leaks really badly. I believe it has faulty material. It's been sent back to trakker for testing and they said it's condensation. Funny it only gets wet inside when it rains and that was during the day and being well ventilated. Customer service and quality is terrible.