The UEA Broad

Miltz308

And ok nick, excuse my ignorance, what kind of effect do otters have on the fishing?

I know they are potentially dangerous to the carp which is a bit of a turn off for me!

Sorry Sam , it's taken a lot to make me laugh lately but this made me wet myself .

I'm so sorry :) :) :) :) :wink:

UEA Broad is pretty well known, the only lake actually inside the city boundaries, and right next to the River (which has some decent chub in itself)

If you check the link above I've put in, there is season ticket costs etc, although night permits are extra.

The whole of the Wensum and Yare valley's did get hit quite heavily by otters, chub, barbel, carp, pretty much everything has changed, although they have been changing for years, roach disease, rise of chub numbers etc.

I had a cruise through the UEA Broads website, some good catches showing, a nice looking lake record, caught by someone who used to fish occasionally on Taverham, Nick Waller, nice enough guy, and what appears to be an honest bailiff report.

Unfortunately I couldn't see if there is a particular bait that numbers of anglers are on, and large numbers of anglers mentioned, so I reckon that there are a number of different baits going in.

Reckon you stand a chance of a few fish, groundbait and particles may be a bream attractor as there seem to be more than when I was living nearby.