Removing a flash unit

Turnip

I've tried the old fashioned way - seeing if sudden force of a wall helps, but to no avail.

The unit is -

Speedlite JY610

The camera is a Canon 1200d

I have read online not to force it off and also that applying a little leverage where the two meet, but am not willing to force it.

Any ideas on how to remove it would be appreciated.

There's nowt to unscrew.

The flash unit slides on to the top of the camera.

Try as I might - it wont slide off, and the 'Lock' switch which is on the Flash unit is set to 'Off'.

Is there a button or a setting on the camera that I should set too so as the unit will slide off?

From that link i assume the off position switch is not allowing to pin to retract into the flash body to facilitate removal.

If it was mine i would try to get something very thin between the flash and hot shoe to pop the pin in so you can slide the flash off or try turning the complete camera and flash upside down and give it a shake whilst trying to gently slide the flash off.

DO NOT blame me if the above doesn't work or damages any part of the equipment as i said "If it was mine"