Campsites with fishing in/around Oxfordshire

Hi guys.

Me and the family are looking to go camping at 1/2 term and are looking for suggestions.

Obviously I'm looking for some carp fishing. Somewhere nice and peaceful with nice views that allows night fishing. [emoji6]

We have a large bungalow style tent. Flat, level pitches are almost essential. We would like electric hookup if possible. The Mrs wants decent toilets/showers (definitely not chemical loos). Somewhere to keep the kids amused (preferably not arcade games) would also be good.

I've seen fir tree farm in warmington online. Has anyone been there before/ know what the fishing is like?

I've stayed at Fir Tree in Warmington. Nice campsite and good carp fishing, the lake isn't huge but there are some high doubles in there and some lovely Koi too. Sadly no night fishing. There is an falconry display/bird sanctuary on site, but no other children's activities. Get the kids fishing, the lake is absolutely stuffed full of roach, rudd and perch, it's how I got my daughter into it. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

Me and the family are looking to go camping at 1/2 term and are looking for suggestions.

Obviously I'm looking for some carp fishing. Somewhere nice and peaceful with nice views that allows night fishing. [emoji6]

We have a large bungalow style tent. Flat, level pitches are almost essential. We would like electric hookup if possible. The Mrs wants decent toilets/showers (definitely not chemical loos). Somewhere to keep the kids amused (preferably not arcade games) would also be good.

I've seen fir tree farm in warmington online. Has anyone been there before/ know what the fishing is like?

Possibly the best person to ask about campsites with electrical hook-up etc is Ian, (Welder). He can probably point you in the right direction of a few fisheries with camping and caravan on site.

Hi mate,

Standard ledger tactics, I'd go with spam or boilies as there are loads and loads of roach, rudd and perch in there, a big piece of bread would do the job though.. The biggest fish I've seen out came off the flat bank side although I've caught on the sloping side it's a bit of a job to get set up there. Behind the island is a no-fishing zone, and the carp regularly patrol in and out so they can be targeted in the channels either side. 

Hope this helps

Cheers