Birmingham canal carp

The Maypole area? That'll be the Birmingham-Stratford Canal, Jack. Seen it but never fished there, sorry.

Agree with bivvystreet, cycle or stroll the towpath. Wear polarised glasses and find your quarry. All canals hold carp, some more than others. Look near boat moorings in particular but don't ignore reedbeds or tree overhangs.

Ian

Does anyone own the fishing rights?

I've found looking through some of the match reports for particular clubs can give you some decent insight. There's a few stretches near me a bit nearer Stafford that I've found decent reports for and will try to get on them this year.

Only problem being I've just got a new job back in London, so pre-baiting becomes difficult for when I'm back on weekends.

Edited by androoooo

yeah well i forgot to mention my house backs onto the canal by yardley wood bus station so i only have to lift a fence panal and walk down abit of a steep bank and hopefully theres some carp in there ive never thought about it! guess i better start baiting a few swims! thanks jack.

yeah well i forgot to mention my house backs onto the canal by yardley wood bus station so i only have to lift a fence panal and walk down abit of a steep bank and hopefully theres some carp in there ive never thought about it! guess i better start baiting a few swims! thanks jack.

plenty of overhanging trees around there jack, give it a go :wink:

oh btw, welcome to the forum

quick google gives up the birmingham fazeley cut minworth stretch, threw up a 30lb fish last year :wink:

I've seen them. Some are well over 30lbs.

I live in Water Orton, a couple of miles from the Birmingham-Fazeley canal.

Go into the search thingy, learn more. :wink:

Ian

• 5 years later...
On 03/04/2020 at 16:44, AlexKlinuski said:

Hi guys,

I’m new in Birmingham, I’m’ living in Acocks green, do you know where I can find carp ? There is carp in the grand union canal ? Someone know fox hollies lake ? 

thank you guys 

The pool in Fox Hollies park used to be good for roach and tench. I haven't fished there in decades so can't help further. The Grand Union is almost certainly a better bet for carp.

Oh, nearly forgot. Welcome to the forum, Alex.

Ian.