Best Knot for Stigg Hinged/Chod Rig

tonymgarner

Palomar knot is a mare to tie with stiff material. The only time I use a grinner is in stiff filament. I tend to just do a two or three turn. Its so stiff, it wont slip. My favorite knot for chods though is a figure of eight or the perfection loop. Gives the rig so much more ease of movement.

Reluctant to start a completely new thread so hoping I'll be alright to tag this question on here; Last night I'm trying to tie a grinner using Nash NXT Zig flo onto a little zig bug - despite making sure I was delicate about teasing the knot down and making sure it was wet I could not for the life of me get it to stop curling like a pig tail just under the bug. And steaming it straight again wasn't working, probably because the stuff is getting damaged (could feel the inconsistencies and kinks in it with my finger). What am I doing wrong here? Do I use a different knot, or is the Zig Flo stuff a bit rubs?

Reluctant to start a completely new thread so hoping I'll be alright to tag this question on here; Last night I'm trying to tie a grinner using Nash NXT Zig flo onto a little zig bug - despite making sure I was delicate about teasing the knot down and making sure it was wet I could not for the life of me get it to stop curling like a pig tail just under the bug. And steaming it straight again wasn't working, probably because the stuff is getting damaged (could feel the inconsistencies and kinks in it with my finger). What am I doing wrong here? Do I use a different knot, or is the Zig Flo stuff a bit rubs?

It's not you mate its the line,biggest pile of poo I have used in a long time,personally I think the fox zig line is so much better.