Help with Martins lake France trip

Antonycarlos

Hello looking for a bit of advise about this lake and fishing in France I've done a lot of match fishing so ive got a good fishing mind but decided to get into carping brought all my tackle and booked the tunnel and a week on martins lake in France if anyone fished it or can give me some advise about my trip it will be greatly appreciated as I'm new to big carp fishing thanks again

Hi Antony welcome to the forum , cant really offer any advice on the french carp scene never having been , except to say that in my opinion , ask questions , read up lots and get as much experience as you can before fishing for big Carp as match fishing expertise wont help you :wink:

I'm new to big carp fishing thanks again

I've done a lot of match fishing and quite a bit of carping

I apologise if i offended you young man there is absolutely no reason to rear up so aggressively .

I have no wish to drag a lot of small carp about a lake , unhooking 'em and throwing them into a net in one motion by the hundred, potentially damaging them , in the name of monetary reward and call it angling .

Im sure there is a lot that specimen anglers can learn from match fisherman with regard to baiting and feeding patterns but as far as i can see that is where the similarity ends .

In my opinion again of course . I wont bother with the smiley this time .

I apologise if i offended you young man there is absolutely no reason to rear up so aggressively .

I have no wish to drag a lot of small carp about a lake , unhooking 'em and throwing them into a net in one motion by the hundred, potentially damaging them , in the name of monetary reward and call it angling .

Im sure there is a lot that specimen anglers can learn from match fisherman with regard to baiting and feeding patterns but as far as i can see that is where the similarity ends .

In my opinion again of course . I wont bother with the smiley this time .

If I could "Like" this several dozen times I would. As this isn't possible, believe that this one is from the heart, Tim.

Hello. Antony I'm new to this forum but I no a bit about fishing big waters you want to ave a large pva bag on each rod to start of an leave them spod two spots in day time wen it starts gettin dusk wake a few more spods in the put one rod on each spod or near and one like in the middle with small pva bag as if they start feeding an go two an throw spods rember u can put in but cant take it out best luck Jim see if you can hire bait boat

That's ok mate rember you ain't got to fish the other side the lake as its a lake you can catch them two foot in front your peg just Av a look round the margins an throw some pellet an sweet corn and drop on rod there put other out the middel with pva bag and put a feeder on one and chuck out lik 20ft infront you once you start catching keep a nice flow of bait out for them and your hold them there mate