Ddaps

Evening all,how the devil are you?

I know there are not too many people on this forum from my neck of the woods but was wondering if anyone has been or is a member of Ddaps,I am thinking of joining next season and wondered if any one has any experience of the lakes.

Cheers mufty.

Ddaps ? Sounds like a venereal disease :)

I used to fish Broadlands when I was a kid. But that was over 20 years ago.

I've been debating joining as well, for a couple of years.

Unless things have changed you won't get a ticket straight away, especially as you're outside of Dartford.

Best thing to do is join the river membership and put your name down for the lake membership.

They've bought old CEMEX waters in Sutton but, unfortunately, there are time limits and you can't do nights.

There are / were rumours of trouble aat Broadlands but I've never seen or been exposed to any (I live about 5 minutes away).

It's a good ticket and well worth the money.

If you could fish the Sutton waters of a night I would have joined years ago.

I used to fish Broadlands when I was a kid. But that was over 20 years ago.

I've been debating joining as well, for a couple of years.

Unless things have changed you won't get a ticket straight away, especially as you're outside of Dartford.

Best thing to do is join the river membership and put your name down for the lake membership.

They've bought old CEMEX waters in Sutton but, unfortunately, there are time limits and you can't do nights.

There are / were rumours of trouble aat Broadlands but I've never seen or been exposed to any (I live about 5 minutes away).

It's a good ticket and well worth the money.

If you could fish the Sutton waters of a night I would have joined years ago.

Cheers dal.

I might be wrong but I think you can now fish sutton at night, the time restrictions are on Devons Rd and presidents lake according to the website.

I used to fish brooklands as a kid too, had some great perch out of there.

Sorry for the confusion.

It was Presidents and Devon Road that I was talking about (I know neither are called Sutton, but both are in Sutton at Hone).

Brooklands remains the only water that I have caught a pike on a maggot (More than once).

I could use my mum's da postcode, do you reckon that would push me up the waiting list?

I remember pike fishing at Brooklands one winters day with live bait, couldn't buy a take, but whenever I took the bait off the hook and threw it back in ( be it still alive or dead), a pike would take it within seconds,talk about frustrating ☺

Yes mate,as far as I know a DA post code helps. I would still recommend a river ticket straight away as well as I know this jumps you up the queue as well.

I'm seriously debating doing both this weekend after this thread.

I think it's the way forward dal.

Did you ever fish Horton Kirkby?

That is the lake I really want to fish again.

I fished viaduct lake a couple if times (But literally only a couple of times, it was a ridiculously long walk for me to get there).

It's also worth mentioning that you can't do nights until July of your first year (That's a recent change. It used to be no nights at all in your first year!!!).

Why do these clubs have such ridiculous rules ?

No nights before july ffs whats THAT about ?

No this and that in your first year ?

A club i was looking to join ( before i moved ) runs a very historical water in dagenham .

Was fished in the 40's and 50's by richard walker and his cronies .

The Carp in there now are allegedly direct descendents of those original fish ( same strain as Redmire amongst others ).

Its all very hush hush , application forms only available from the geezer in the local pie & mash shop ffs .

You can only float fish for 5 years before you can go on the waiting list for a Carp ticket ?

Whats THAT about ?

So if i stalk out or catch a big Carp on float gear what they gonna do ?

AND they expect you to attend 2 work parties every month and an evening one EVERY week in high summer .

All for the privilege of NOT being allowed to fish for Carp.

Ridiculous.

I can understand them trying to vet new members TO A POINT , i know a lot of syndicates do the same but how is having to wait until July to night fish a venue winkling out the riff raff ffs ?

You are either responsible or capable of night fishing or you arent ?

Having to wait until July hardly proves you are not a Noddy .

I'm a member. You can now fish nights first year. The Sutton lakes are far too busy so I've never even fished them, just see the car park full so go up the road to Kirby. At Kirby Westminster has bigger fish but fewer than viaduct. Both nice lakes but again quite busy. Devon road is an extra £180 on your ticket and has retained the strange hours of fishiñg from 4am - 10pm and you must be out of the car park and off the grounds during the non fishing hours. Not easy to get a ticket but a DA post code helps. They've also got a new lake (Bennetts) which is one for the future as just stickies growing up at present which average low doubles with the biggest so far being 16lb

Edited by markspod