Stratford on avon

The obvious place to start your search are the marinas, usually the fish sit under the boats and benefit from food waste being slung overboard. Always best to do your homework mate, walk, observe prebait, on a canal or river locate educate, catch, fishing on spec can produce lots of blanks. Match reports from local clubs, particularly rumours of lots of snap ups, useful info.

Thanks alot for this advise i really appreciate it and i will do my home work

They didnt say much in there tganks anyway

I am going to fish it tomorrow and find out

bigd26, you haven't mentioned where you live and which sections of the canal you're interested in. The Birmingham- Stratford Canal is around 30 miles long so there's plenty to go at!

I'm local to the area so give me a clue and I'll give you my observations.

Ian

bigd26, you haven't mentioned where you live and which sections of the canal you're interested in. The Birmingham- Stratford Canal is around 30 miles long so there's plenty to go at!

I'm local to the area so give me a clue and I'll give you my observations.

Ian

I dont know area well but in the stratford area

Get yourself to Hockley Heath, it's on the A3400, Stratford Road. You'll find a car dealership which sells only McLarens and Rolls Royces, it's on a fork in the road.

Take the road to the back of this dealership and you'll find that you're running parallel with the Stratford Canal, heading towards Lowsonford. After about a mile you'll see a timber yard on your right, can't miss it.

Immediately after this yard is a hump backed bridge over the canal, leading to Church Lane. Take this bridge and park wherever suits you. I've seen many good sized carp in the stretch by this bridge, on several occasions.

In case you're into rock music, Geezer Butler, the bass player with Black Sabbath, lives in the third mansion on the right in Church Lane. We manufactured and installed his automated wrought iron gates which is how I got the opportunity to study the carp in that stretch of canal.

I wish you luck in your endeavours.

Ian

Lucky old Geezer. the musics awful but the fishings great.

He's a really nice bloke, as it happens. Brought us tea and biscuits all day long, every day, proper Brummie.

We talked about fishing, briefly, and he used to fish Salford Park in Aston when he was a kid. No surprise, he's from Aston originally and lived overlooking Salford.

We didn't get round to discussing the canal and it's residents.

Ian

Get yourself to Hockley Heath, it's on the A3400, Stratford Road. You'll find a car dealership which sells only McLarens and Rolls Royces, it's on a fork in the road.

Take the road to the back of this dealership and you'll find that you're running parallel with the Stratford Canal, heading towards Lowsonford. After about a mile you'll see a timber yard on your right, can't miss it.

Immediately after this yard is a hump backed bridge over the canal, leading to Church Lane. Take this bridge and park wherever suits you. I've seen many good sized carp in the stretch by this bridge, on several occasions.

In case you're into rock music, Geezer Butler, the bass player with Black Sabbath, lives in the third mansion on the right in Church Lane. We manufactured and installed his automated wrought iron gates which is how I got the opportunity to study the carp in that stretch of canal.

Ian

Bigd , how bout that ? You wont get help like this anywhere else !

Generals gather in their masses :)

Ian

Wow thanks alot for this information i definitely will go and give it a try and see if i can catch anything i wont know where am going but my wife know the area very well so she'll take me thanks alot again

Bigd , how bout that ? You wont get help like this anywhere else !

Generals gather in their masses :)

Your so right theres no place like here each post i put up i get back great feedback and i really appreciate it because am new to the fishing and i still got alot to learn

Wow thanks alot for this information i definitely will go and give it a try and see if i can catch anything i wont know where am going but my wife know the area very well so she'll take me thanks alot again

Glad to help, mate.

Ian

Well have you read it ?

It says that the stratford canal is run by local angling clubs so its a case of googling it and finding out which club owns the fishing rights to the stretch you would like to fish .

I would help you out and ring round for you but i have a 3 yr old who wants his din-dins :)

you need to contact the club controlling the stretch you intend fishing, if not just set up and fish, plead ignorance and pay the bailiff if he turns up.

When i turn up today went down by the bridge theres a path way and on the post it states private fishing control by evesham youth ac i dont have a clue lol

you say that you are new to fishing, why don't you go to a day ticket lake and familiarise yourself with catching carp the easy way, than tackling a difficult water like a canal, the watercraft and observation, prebaiting and such is something learned with time and experience. You may disappoint yourself by blanking many times and give fishing a miss in the future if you try to run before you can walk, just a suggestion mate.

Thats probably a better way i mean you guys here are the most experience one so is you am looking for to give best advice i only thought the canal because me and my mrs went stratford and they were guys fishing there so i thought i would give it shot