Longford Fishery, Derbyshire

serbusfish

I was just wondering if anyone had fished at Longford Fishery? Im planning on heading there tomorrow. If I remember right there are 7 waters on the complex, the one im interested it in called the Big Lake as it is for pleasure anglers only, has a good head of fish included Carp up to 30lb (that's what im told anyway).

I have fished it once before, but I was only there for a short amount of time. Using sweetcorn in the margins I was catching but only seemed to get very small Carp (between 1 - 4lb. These fish still put up a great fight but I would prefer to catch the upper singles and bigger if possible.

If anyone here has fished it what tactics would you recommend?

I was just wondering if anyone had fished at Longford Fishery? Im planning on heading there tomorrow. If I remember right there are 7 waters on the complex, the one im interested it in called the Big Lake as it is for pleasure anglers only, has a good head of fish included Carp up to 30lb (that's what im told anyway).

I have fished it once before, but I was only there for a short amount of time. Using sweetcorn in the margins I was catching but only seemed to get very small Carp (between 1 - 4lb. These fish still put up a great fight but I would prefer to catch the upper singles and bigger if possible.

If anyone here has fished it what tactics would you recommend?

Hello Serb , i've obviously never fished there as its not my part of the world but may i suggest the usual tactics for this kind of lake on a fist visit ? ( i've googled it :)) ?

Find the fish , simple rigs & small pva bags .

Edited by newmarket

I'm in a similar position this weekend. Fishing a lake I've never fished before. I don't even know it's size and no information is available on it.

I'll be getting there on sunrise, hoping to spot any fish.

Then simple tactics a little feed to start and simple rigs and willing to move. If I start picking up fish more feed will go in. If you introduce 100 boilies the chances yours will go will be 1% drop to 10 and you're at 10% if a fish moves in.

I'll also have some mixers as if the weather remains reasonably warm there's always a chance on top and makes finding them easier.

Any time I fish a new water on a short session I'd follow similar tactics.

Edited by androoooo

I was planning on using a simple swim feeder setup, but thinking about it now I might try that on one rod and stick with a lead/boilie/PVA bag on the second. I hope the fish like shelf life Source boilies though as I have run out of my Cell freezer boilies...

Then on the other rod I can rotate sweetcorn/pellet/meat/etc and see what happens.

Did you fish it mate? Going for a session tomorrow went a few weeks ago had a good day

Yes pal. Some of the other guys there were saying it wasnt fishing as well as it should do, but I ended up with 11 so it wasn't too bad. For the first 3 hours I had nothing, just little knocks. Then at around 2.45pm they started biting hard. First fish was a 6lber on my boilie rod, and following that I caught all sorts on my second rod which had a bread pellet/mushroom on it. My final fish of the session was the biggest, certainly not a monster but still a nice fish (weighed just over 9lb):

8449034f-803d-47ba-b958-4c8555399bea.jpg