Cook farm (oak lodge fishery) Benfleet.

newmarket

I dont normally like to ask these sort of questions , preferring to find out for myself but i've just come across this place on the internet .

Its quite close to me in Benfleet essex but i've never heard of it and wondered if anybody else knows anything about it ?

It has a pretty poor website and a few , what i would consider to be , silly rules .

No stocking information or whether night fishing is allowed although it states £15 for 12 hrs which i consider to be quite expensive so if it was days only i wouldnt be interested anyway but it looks quite nice on google earth and wondered if anyone out there has any experience of this gaff ?

Thanks in advance fellas

Maybe mate i dont know but it sounds like it cos theres a couple of photos of a large Catfish on the website but no quoted stock levels .

Its under new management and been renamed cook farm fishery .

Maybe to try and lose the stigma of what you mentioned .

Whats the story there Bivvy , i must have missed that one ?

Do you mean the place near thetford bivvy? Called Oakwood with big cats, Google says a 14 year old lad caught a 122lb!! I'd be interested to hear the story as well

NM - I think the place you mentioned has a Facebook page... http://www.oaklodgefishery.co.uk of this is it there is a FB link at the bottom of the page

just to add. i am a new noddy carper who has been carping for about 7 years,but even so i'm not a deluded noddy who cos i may fluke a few kippers would think i was ever gonna be good enough to try and give carp tuition :twisted: no wonder all you old carpers wonder what the hell has happened when there are goons like the salt brothers :cry:

Hahahahahaha that is the biggest load of old tripe i've ever seen ffs .

A 50 & 8 x 40's ????

Lived in essex / east london all my life , been fishing for more than 40 years and i've NEVER heard of this place ....

Toot .