wychwood riot big pit 65 drag problem !!!!!please help !!!!

i have two riot 65 big pits one of them works fine but the other seems to tighten up as a fish takes the line. i think something is catching between the spool and drag adjuster on the front.  has anyone else had this problem can you help. i dont want to get rid of the reels as they are really nice.

i have two riot 65 big pits one of them works fine but the other seems to tighten up as a fish takes the line. i think something is catching between the spool and drag adjuster on the front. has anyone else had this problem can you help. i dont want to get rid of the reels as they are really nice.

Cant help you with the reels mate but smufter will be about tonight or in the morning with the help you need :) :)

Welcome to the asylum by the way :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 27/07/2014 at 18:48, bwilde said:

i have two riot 65 big pits one of them works fine but the other seems to tighten up as a fish takes the line. i think something is catching between the spool and drag adjuster on the front.  has anyone else had this problem can you help. i dont want to get rid of the reels as they are really nice.

Know this an old post but for anyone else looking into this problem, the reels have a rubber piece behind the drag mechanism, put a bit of grease (I used white lithium) and they will be as good as new. When the factory grease wares down the rubber catches and as the spool turns it catches the drag and tightens!