Billingford lakes

Morning guys a friend of mine is going here in the next few days and I wondered if anyone knew how its fishing or could give any info on the place and whether the crayfish problem that weve heard about is under control or not.

Thanks.

Frogy I don't know the lake but of there are crays I wouldn't worry about them to much. Plenty of ways to overcome them.

One fishery near me has loads in and I can get round it. A few ideas below.

Fish a tiger nut over particle, whilst you'll get them trying to get the bait they soon give up as it's too hard.

Corkball popups soaked in flavour.

Maize fished over particle, whilst soft they'll pick up other items first or at least seem to.

If fishing anything soft recast every few hours and I've found tipping with plastic corn and placing a shot on the hook link just in case they remove the boilie means that you at least your fishing if they remove the boilie.

Don't use the lead putty, they love the stuff.

Use a stiff hook link like fluorocarbon. Braid they'll tangle like crazy.

You can always try zigs or surface fishing as well.

Morning guys a friend of mine is going here in the next few days and I wondered if anyone knew how its fishing or could give any info on the place and whether the crayfish problem that weve heard about is under control or not.

Thanks.

Armamesh mate . Nazeing Meads taught me its a must-have :wink:

Find the deeper water,if your fishing the 1st lake there are depths to around 16 foot, when I've put baits in these areas I have never been bothered by the crays, anything 10ft and under they are on you straight away, don't bother with the big lake at the back, your bait won't last 2 seconds mate, they also have a little lake that used to be a syndicate, small and very weedy but some lovely scaleY's in there.

• 5 years later...