---Opinions on this Rig!---

Morgan Tomkins

Howdy mate, welcome to the forum.

I can see what you are trying to achieve, but by having all those loop knots there is potential for creating weak spots in the rig.

A coated braid with a section stripped back to create a supple section is a popular rig, 

combi rigs made from two different materials can achieve the same,

for me the mechanics should allow a rig to reset if it gets taken and spat out,

what is stopping your hook from catching one of the loops and sitting in a tangled mess .

I try and think what can go wrong with a rig, that way i can fix any potential problems.

There are tons of ideas and pics in the rig tying section to keep you busy.

Atb jay 

I have o idea what OP wants us to tell him about the rig. But i like the delkim discussion.

I used to use my original standard delks, and still do on my 2 rod set up, that i generally only fish days with. My problem with delks, is that if they are not on the top sensativity setting, you can very slowly pull line through the delk, and it make not as much as a sound. In fact, you can do it on the max setting too. If you use braid though, its a totally different story. 

The problem when you have them on the max setting, you get a line bite and it screams out like a full blooded run, in the middle of the night its an absolute pain.

habamu6y.jpg

Just tied the rig above and wanted your opinions on it. Be as critical as possible.

I used supernatural as the hair section which is attached, via a loop to loop, to semi-stiff 30lb N-Trap Brown.

Excuse the use of Korda end tackle!!

I might get jumped on from a great height here so tin helmet already on BUT wouldnt some rig putty on the right hand loop knot tidy it up a bit yet still allow the fluoro to do its job ?

Blanks should it be a uni knot rather than a loop to loop ?

I might get jumped on from a great height here so tin helmet already on BUT wouldnt some rig putty on the right hand loop knot tidy it up a bit yet still allow the fluoro to do its job ?

Blanks should it be a uni knot rather than a loop to loop ?

Albright knot for me, although a back to back uni can work, i find it awkward to get the length right though.

If the rig works, it works!

I must admit though, I would have tested it to destruction before I actually thought about casting it out for a carp...

It is far more important to get the rig in the right place than worry about whether the rig works or not, and even more important to get the feeding situation right, so that the carp aren't testing every hookbait.

Years ago, I came up with the theory of a doubled over spliced hooklink section (also helped by a product called Octosplice), using Kryston Merlin (but it does also work with most of their uncoated braids), to a stiffer section above in a Multi rig style. A dental floss hair on the shank section of the splice.

I needle knotted the stiffer boom section (amnesia) through the spliced Merlin.