Would you be interested ? Opening Fishing holidays

We are a family of 5 who own a beautiful 17th century castle in northern France, an easy 2 hour drive from Calais. On the edge of the river Oise we are perfectly situated and own an excellent spot where many like to fish, the large river surrounds our entire 9 acres of woodland.

We offer 2 self catering luxury apartments, which can sleep up to 5 people each (10 in total). Fine food and local wine can be included in the price.

We have several large ponds full of all types of fish on site, we are also just a 4 miles from some of the best carp lakes in the area. We are surrounded in woodland full of wonderful rare creatures.

Would you be interested in a holiday in France ? What would you expect ? How much would you pay ?

Hi, and good afternoon,

Whilst it sounds absolutley idyllic, 'most' carp anglers go to france to bivvy up next to a lake, to fish for a week 24/7 with a chance of catching big fish.

I think you would be better suited to advertise as a holiday rental, with fishing as a local activity, rather than aiming it purely at carp anglers.

Also, look into getting a SIRET number (Not sure if it applies?) - as there are a number of people who post on each and every 'fishing in france' thread requesting / looking this information up, and then bad mouthing the place if its not registered (Yes, I can understand why they do it).

Thanks for the feedback, 

I also think that holiday lets with fishing as an option would be a good compromise, however we don't seem to get many fishers as holiday goers. 

Regarding the SIRET, we don't apply for this so don't have a SIRET. However, we do have many excellent reviews left by or guests.

No siret number is required for renting gites or accomodation, other rules apply to that sort of activity. Can come under the MSA if you are farming or can be classed as supplementary income.

If you were to set up and rent fishing swims to bivvy up in on the lakes.... then you would need a siret, but not if fishing is simply advertised as a local activity.

Also worth knowing is that if the river is public (domaine public) then you cannot reserve swims for clients or build swims...as there is a thing called "Le servitude de marche pieds" which means a certain distance from the point where the river breaks its banks is public (usually between 1.5m and 3.75m in most places). On this strip of land you must not erect fences, plant trees or otherwise obstruct the right of passage. Fishermen are allowed to use this strip to access the banks of public rivers to fish from. In fact your are required to maintain this strip for this use at your own expense.

This all depends on where you are and how the river is classified where you have your property. You can check on how this might affect you at your departmental fishing federation or local AAPPMA.

Edited by guyholman

• 5 weeks later...

totally agree mrs_rushlake nothing lol at all, everyone needs to be above board and totally legit. I am totally in agreement with this. I am just thinking of another angler who said something, that's why I put lol at the end, but didn't mean anything by it. Sorry!

Every fishing lake in France should be compliant with the laws and regulations in France, and governing bodies.

I wish you well

Regards

You would think seeing you rent a venue in France and take anglers over from the UK to fish it you would realise its not to be laughed at, more so as it state on Facebook you are fully legal. That might well be true for their UK Carp Tours business that is not in dispute, what is in dispute is the French venue not being registered as a business and holding a SIRET number (not one that cane be traced).

Tracy if you are the sole company that rent the lake then you  need to register it as a French business, (not the owner). If on the other hand the owner also rents to others\sells weekly\day tickets then he needs to register the business.

By running trips to a venue in France that is not legal in other words is not registered as a French business and holds a SIRET number makes your UK company operating illegally in France.

What has been said on your Facebook site regarding a member of this forum is an absolute disgrace.