Pellet Rigs

tbw43

Hi all,

I'm not in carp fishing, cause my country don't have ponds which offer carps fishing. But I do really need a pellet rig like those rigs which you all use for carp fishings.

The fish I'm been fishing is GT (3-10 kg) and believe me they loves pellets. A CR pond which store GT's.

Now the problem, they will 99% will go for pellets. Any baits (liveordead), lures i use, the catch rates is not good. Sometimes just one gt after 6 hours of fishing in a pond about 2 basketball court size, which store 30gts.

After 5 months of fishing and many pellets rigs i tried, i found what their feeding are.

1. They will aim pellets which is floating, the ones sinks, they will not go for it.

2. And the worse thing, they will not go for pellets which have hooks attach to it or a hooks which is closely to the pellets like those rigs i seen which tie strings attach a pellets and a hook. or rubber band attach to pellets.

My guess is that this GT's can recognise hooks. They are so smart where many times i throw dozens decoy pellets very near to my pellet with hook. and believe me they came with frenzy, eating all the pellets and leave my hook pellet untouch. The water in the pond is so clear that i could see when i throw my pellet rig to the water. They swims towards it and then make a uturn.

My only conclusion is that I need to camouflage my hook or hid it from being seen by the Gt's. But it is a challengde guys, that I'm been doing for 5 months.

Any ways, if you guys have any ideas, appreciate it if you can share your thoughts.

many thanks guys.

Unless you are using a huge hook, I wouldn't say they are seeing it. Its more likely the line they can see. What type, and what diameter line are you using?

Hi,

I'm not using huge hooks cause it make more worse, i'm using a size 1 hooks. and line i usually use 20lbs rig lines. smaller than that it, i'm afraid it will snap. Main line i use 30lbs power pro. the last time i use 20lbs line. the line burst at the swivel when i lock 7 kg max drag of my 4000 series reel, when the gt's runs.

whether they can see my rig lines, i'm not pretty sure about that. I thought of trying the berkley line call vanish.

In a pond ????

I've had a little look on you tube .

I reckon scale everything down and make out they are carp .

Not a fish alive that wont have a 20mm halibut pellet ...

Yes, it is a CnR pond. So the hook must debarb. Makes more dificult to land after a hook up. Cause just 1 slag line will lose the fish.

But the feeling of the fight is thrilling.

Why style of hook is that? Any pictures of your rig. Size 1 is HUGE compared to what most of us would use. What size pellets are you using?

Will post Pic of the hook and pellet later. About the rig, I've been using the pellets rig carp fishing setup in you tube.

sorry mate, how do you post a picture directly from computer.

Hello dan selamat datang, sila maafkan kesilapan dalam terjemahan. seperti yang ramai telah berkata mendaki turun menangani akhir anda boleh menukar kepada gigitan, kami juga melakukan cnr di uk menggunakan 5-7kg tali tambahan gelung kekili dan saiz 4-8 cangkuk nonbarb dengan beberapa ikan seberat 20 kg, mungkin yang gelekan tali tambahan gelung kekili mungkin lebih sesuai kerana mereka akan lebih kurus tetapi kuat. Untuk melampirkan pelet terapung anda, jika mereka keras potong alur yang dengan bilah gergaji besi kecil kemudian gam untuk shank cangkuk.

http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Floater2.jpg

Hello dan selamat datang, sila maafkan kesilapan dalam terjemahan. seperti yang ramai telah berkata mendaki turun meaning akhir anda boleh menukar kepada gigitan, kami juga melakukan cnr di uk menggunakan 5-7kg tali tambahan gelung kekili dan saiz 4-8 cangkuk nonbarb dengan beberapa ikan seberat 20 kg, mungkin yang gelekan tali tambahan gelung kekili mungkin lebih sesuai kerana mereka akan lebih kurus tetapi kuat. Untuk melampirkan pelet terapung anda, jika mereka keras potong alur yang dengan bilah gergaji besi kecil kemudian gam untuk shank cangkuk.

Hello sirblanksalot

Nice translation, I'm not sure how you guess that I can read Malay language, because I'm not from Malaysia. The pond actually is.

:D

Anyway, I dun understand the term statement ( mendaki turun menangani akhir) is new to me.

For your rig, I will try out with smaller hook than the one I'm currently use like the one in my picture, but i have tried tying my hook with the pellet with string, the GT's saw it and still made a uturn. :D

I will tried embedded the hook shank deeper into the pellet, and will also try to place the hook face inward to the pellet.

tks

If they are hooks shy....try get a piece o foam the same size an colour as your pellets. Put the hook through one side, and weight the other size with shot, or lead, so that it floats with the hook pointing upwards out of the water.

What's that rubber bit on your hook shank?

I think your idea of the hook pointing upwards out of the water will definetely work. I think this is what I'm aiming for.

But I don't know whether they will go for a foam disguise as a pellet. I will try anyway.

If I know which side of the pellet face down the water will much easier. and if I put a very small lead on one side, I'm not sure whether it still afloat.

From my rig, the size of hook i'm using, if I attach onto the pellet. the whole thing will float. that have been tested.

Anyway I will do some test trial to made the pellet float the way I wanted it to be.

thanks mate.

The rubber bit on my hook shank is to cover the braided lines which coils around it . This rig is one of few which teach on how to rig pellet for carp in you tube.

Hello dan selamat datang, sila maafkan kesilapan dalam terjemahan. seperti yang ramai telah berkata mendaki turun meaning akhir anda boleh menukar kepada gigitan, kami juga melakukan cnr di uk menggunakan 5-7kg tali tambahan gelung kekili dan saiz 4-8 cangkuk nonbarb dengan beberapa ikan seberat 20 kg, mungkin yang gelekan tali tambahan gelung kekili mungkin lebih sesuai kerana mereka akan lebih kurus tetapi kuat. Untuk melampirkan pelet terapung anda, jika mereka keras potong alur yang dengan bilah gergaji besi kecil kemudian gam untuk shank cangkuk.

Hello sirblanksalot

Nice translation, I'm not sure how you guess that I can read Malay language, because I'm not from Malaysia. The pond actually is.

:D

Anyway, I dun understand the term statement ( mendaki turun menangani akhir) is new to me.

For your rig, I will try out with smaller hook than the one I'm currently use like the one in my picture, but i have tried tying my hook with the pellet with string, the GT's saw it and still made a uturn. :D

I will tried embedded the hook shank deeper into the pellet, and will also try to place the hook face inward to the pellet.

tks

I put 2 & 2 together and got 5 :oops::oops::oops: my apologies :D

I'm sure between us we'll come up with a method to catch you a big GT :D

If they are hooks shy....try get a piece o foam the same size an colour as your pellets. Put the hook through one side, and weight the other size with shot, or lead, so that it floats with the hook pointing upwards out of the water.

I think your idea of the hook pointing upwards out of the water will definetely work. I think this is what I'm aiming for.

But I don't know whether they will go for a foam disguise as a pellet. I will try anyway.

If I know which side of the pellet face down the water will much easier. and if I put a very small lead on one side, I'm not sure whether it still afloat.

From my rig, the size of hook i'm using, if I attach onto the pellet. the whole thing will float. that have been tested.

Anyway I will do some test trial to made the pellet float the way I wanted it to be.

thanks mate.

The rubber bit on my hook shank is to cover the braided lines which coils around it . This rig is one of few which teach on how to rig pellet for carp in you tube.

I would ditch the rubber myself. It seems to serve little purpose. Less is more!

As for the foam, I you look about online, if you can get delivery, you should be able to buy imitation floating rubber pellets identical to what you use.

thanks mate.

I would ditch the rubber myself. It seems to serve little purpose. Less is more!

As for the foam, I you look about online, if you can get delivery, you should be able to buy imitation floating rubber pellets identical to what you use.

I think enterprise do loaded pellets with a small hole in which to place a small shot . This makes the hook sit above the pellet in the way that grangemilky has already described .

The rubber dog mixers made by enterprise do a terrific job and are exactly the same .