Fluro Hooklink IQ2 with soft hair

adders60

Hi I am looking at ways to use my IQ2 ( not sure if to use 15lb or 20lb ) to get the best out of the stiff material, but have a soft braid hair

I know the combi rig, Albright Knot but what other ways can I make the hookink yet have a soft braid hair ?

I have considered making a braid hair and when using the knotless know with the IQ2 trap the braid hair under it , how does that sound ?

Tie your hook on as normal, then with the soft braid for your hair material, tie that into the eye of the hook with a blood knot.

I cover the eye and knots with shrink tubing to protect them. It does mean that you are changing rigs or retying when you need to change hair length though.

• 3 weeks later...
Tie your hook on as normal, then with the soft braid for your hair material, tie that into the eye of the hook with a blood knot.

I cover the eye and knots with shrink tubing to protect them. It does mean that you are changing rigs or retying when you need to change hair length though.

Alternatively have a sliding rig ring on the shank with a bead or stop to stop it sliding round the bend and off the hook, and attach your soft material hair to that :wink: