Dream Lakes amount and preparation of Boilies

jay_winter

I seem to remember the word Dream Lakes coming into this thread somewhere, and Mainline do make their Dream Lakes Specials; Boilies that they 'recommend' for use on the lake.

If that is the going bait, and plenty get put in, then I would likely have a hedge bet and take some of them with me :wink:

Now I know that shoals of fish can really clear up a fair amount of bait, and so I would probably say 10k of that and at least the same or more of another bait I had confidence in.

It would probably be fill it in to start with (dependant on advice), fish over it, then top up as I needed.

I'm going to feel decidedly undergunned going with 15kg in June. For the both of us......... :oops::oops::oops:
there's no right or wrong mate, you take what you can afford and what you feel is enough. im sure your have a good week still though it could be so hot in june :shock: . it could go 2 ways and that is its either too hot and the fish arent on the feed so much and 15kg is plenty or they would have spawned not long before you go and could well be up for a right munch and 15kg is not enough

I'm going to feel decidedly undergunned going with 15kg in June. For the both of us......... :oops::oops::oops:
there's no right or wrong mate, you take what you can afford and what you feel is enough. im sure your have a good week still though it could be so hot in june :shock: . it could go 2 ways and that is its either too hot and the fish arent on the feed so much and 15kg is plenty or they would have spawned not long before you go and could well be up for a right munch and 15kg is not enough

We are not planning to fish during the "heat of the day"...just early mornings (from first light until about 10am and then again from maybe 6pm until just after dark when it's beginning to cool down). Rest of the time will be spent exploring the local countryside/eateries with my Daughter or sleeping!

Only fishing a 5 acre lake, and I'm not one for firing a lot of freebies out. "Normally", I can stretch a kilo out for 2 or 3 sessions.

:wink: