Korda N trap

jimboo

I have some of the Soft, and have tied some rigs with it, but haven't actually used it in anger yet.

At first I found it difficult to "strip", until I figured out the secret.

Generally I like the look of it, with the nice matt coating.

We'll see.

My usual coated hooklink is Mantis, which is great.

Jimboo, in what way do you think that n-trap good for the fishing that you do and how is it better than suffix in those ways?

It showed itself in France to be the toughest and yet most supple of materials , it is a joy to tie and strip and a hair rig loop didn't turn into a fraying mess after a few casts. I loved the suffix range , hats off to Korda , they nailed it with this product.

Don't ask me if it sinks like a stone and if it's stiff enough , if things don't stay on the surface then they sink , job done, and stiffness, is one of them issues in presentation that keep baffling me in the description of must haves in a hook length. Stiff for what?

i dont get the hate for Korda some people have, they have no doubt improved people's catch rate through the years and made competitors improve their game.

N-Trap is quality, so many rigs can be made, the soft and stiff versions are mint..straight through rig, combi, pop-up..never let us down.

Other companies do also offer top end rig materials no doubt..

i dont get the hate for Korda some people have, they have no doubt improved people's catch rate through the years and made competitors improve their game.

N-Trap is quality, so many rigs can be made, the soft and stiff versions are mint..straight through rig, combi, pop-up..never let us down.

Other companies do also offer top end rig materials no doubt..

Perry,

My hate for Korda is that some of the tackle that hits the market is not always the best (or safest) for that which it is released for and the overly aggressive article advertising.

While I agree that some products are ok, and Korda are NOT the most highly priced equipment, there are some things that just are not safe or necessarily properly thought out, yet are advertised as the be all and end all.

Don't get me wrong there are some things that I think are best from Korda, a certain marker float springs to mind, and the original ready made coated leads (someone will say that Gold Label did it first now :wink::lol: ), yet other things are not always the best, and customer service and advice has on occasions been misled.

To be fair I would say with any manufacturer, don't stick with one tackle brand, you have to try all and get feedback to be able to make an informed decision as to what you use.

As it happens, when it comes to hooklinks, other than a few spools of mono and Amnesia in my box, I haven't used any brand other than Kryston for years. :wink:

I use a fair bit of Korda stuff- no hooks though :shock:

Never used N trap but might give it a go one day. I only use two or three different hook link materials and I'm happy with them.

Korda seem to get a lot of flak- partly based on a dislike of their image and partly because some of the gear is pony and trap.

I do like lime green though :roll: