combi rig length

scoobydan_84

How long do you have the supple braid on a combi? Iv started using this rig and have so far been doin well on it with the supple bit being about a inch long,blowback style with a small snowman set up.

Was talking to someone last time i was fishing and they reckon my braid bit was to long (but its working for me). Also said i shouldnt have a loop knot as it acts as a hinge and wont kick the rig away from lead (even though i slip a bit of tube over the know and quick clip to stop this)

So basically just wondering how people set theirs up and for what situations!!

Stick to what works for you there no rules on length. The person who telling you its to long proberly been reading to many carp comics.

Exactly.

My supple section is usually 1/3 of the length of the rig.

So a 15cm rig is 10cm of stiff material, and 5 of braid

Just personal preference really but I like a relatively short supple section at the hook end usually about 1.5".

This allows for ample bait movement while also contributing to the "anti-eject" capabilities of the rig. The bait, hook and very end of the stiff section are taken in to the carp's mouth which is then very hard to spit out without the hook catching hold.

I use a full stiff section over hard bottoms and a hinged one for softer substrates such as silt or light weed.

I must admit that for probably 90% of my bottom bait fishing I use a combi rig of coated braid (Kryston snake bite usually).