between these two...

Hi Guys, I am recently getting my new year memberships for venues in and around Swindon. I have been considering a venue called Coate Water. On the website it claims to contain 40's. Is this true? I am also considering a place called Tockenham Resevoir. Which is better?

If anybody knows where else I should try, please tell me!

Thank you.

been for a walk but they look pretty good. Coate is massive, it has a diving board which looks like a carp holder. Tockenham also looks great with plenty of clear gravel patches. Its only that the website says that there are 40's in Coate and if there are then it's a done deal. But I have gone to plenty of venues with an exagerated weight. I mean every venue has a monster which was caught by an angler on their own with no camera or scales!

Ive just spent 30 mins looking at both of them on the interweb and if it was me I would be fishing Tockenham resi. Coate looks like a big water with a small amount of carp in and I think you will be having lots of long hours without a hint of a carp, then there is the toilet issue for you as well Tockenham has loads of bushes and trees and is not a public park so you should be able to nip behind a tree for a wee without getting embarrassed in front of the lady joggers or having your kit nicked by "da DF racer boy krew" innit.

which one would Brian Jarret fish?

thanks guys, Think tockenham looks good. Coate may or may not have 40's but where is the point in 40's if there is a 1 in a million chance of me hooking one!
depends what your after. if you want to catch a 40 then you got to fish a water with 40s in it, simple as . you say youve got a million to 1 chance, to me thats better than having no chance if you so desperately want a 40 and all the while you got a bait in the water you will always have that chance :wink: .if your daunted by the size of coate and the fact that takes maybe few and far between then obviously the other lake is for you. only you can answer your own question not us on here

year thanks, It is only that nobody knows for certain if 40's are in coate. It says so on the website but askin arround the largest coming out are arround 35! Nobody has recorded any 40's coming out and it looks like my best chance of getting a 40 is at linear or in france.