FRANCE FISHING HOLIDAYS

henrycarp123

Well debating a trip next year and had a look around but it's all well and good on the websites but need to know what its actually like! doesn't need to be too cheap but things like good facilities and polite owners, not too big of a lake might be abit daunting! as for the carp im not looking for record brakers just the sort of 40-50 mark, also not too far from callais as dont want to drive miles! any idea's mate thanks:) henry

Guest keenook
Well debating a trip next year and had a look around but it's all well and good on the websites but need to know what its actually like! doesn't need to be too cheap but things like good facilities and polite owners, not too big of a lake might be abit daunting! as for the carp im not looking for record brakers just the sort of 40-50 mark, also not too far from callais as dont want to drive miles! any idea's mate thanks:) henry

Look up Moorslands, run by Keith Moors, a few guys from here will point you in the right direction I'm sure!

Keith is an avid old Skool Carp angler, who has done the rounds in the UK.

Worth a look.

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
Go to anywhere that has a SIRET number. This means the lake is registered in France as a business. If it doesn't have a SIRET number it is a black economy illegal fishery and you are committing a criminal offence under French law, plus you won't be insured if anything happens to you... :wink:

Not sure that Cassien, chanty etc have SIRET numbers...or any of the rivers. :wink:

have to say...it is painfull sometimes just reading the french threads.......you guys seem to want to create problems occasionally!!.....are we not your chosen market??....little wonder more and more are forging ahead and blazing their own trail into europe as a whole.....simple marketing guys :wink:

food for thought

have to say...it is painfull sometimes just reading the french threads.......you guys seem to want to create problems occasionally!!.....are we not your chosen market??....little wonder more and more are forging ahead and blazing their own trail into europe as a whole.....simple marketing guys :wink:

food for thought

Im sorry but I dont understand whose creating problems and who are forging their own way....

Not aimed at an one person....it just has the whiff of "oneupmanship" sometimes..certainly an elitist mentality with some...I probably worded it badly.....as for blazing their own way...the many hundreds of anglers that travel out and fish public access waters would be a start :idea:

Still doesn't make any sense.... :oops:

I have not seen an Englishman on an open access public water for at least five years here in regions 53 and 35, not least because most have no night fishing... :roll:

Most English carp anglers gravitate towards the well known ones such as Orient, Cassien, Salagou etc where one can bivvy up which is hardly pioneering or forging ahead etc, I fished Orient 20 years ago .. :wink:

The thread was about French Fishing Holidays and 99% of holiday anglers head to a private fishery owned by the French or English owned. I was simply making the point that the holiday angler is taking a big risk if he books a venue without a SIRET number, because if it doesn't have one it is an illegal fishery and can be closed by the authorities at any time...

Everyone who runs a business in France has to registrar it and is then given a SIRET number relating to that business.

In France any person that uses a business that is not registered is committing an offence just as the owner is doing and both are subject to very severe penalties.

In the UK it is very common to say ask a builder how much for cash (to ovoid paying tax). In France ask a builder that question and he more than likely to report you and you could will be taken to court.

It is important when picking a venue you ask the owners if they are registered and if so for the SIRET number.......its you and your tackle that is at risk if raided while at the venue.

A SIRET number does not have to be displayed on a web site, we dont but we do state we a a fully registered Frence Business.

• 1 month later...
Go to anywhere that has a SIRET number. This means the lake is registered in France as a business. If it doesn't have a SIRET number it is a black economy illegal fishery and you are committing a criminal offence under French law, plus you won't be insured if anything happens to you... :wink:

Sorry mate but most of that's a load of tosh.

Firstly, the fishery owners tax details have NOTHING to do with a customer who fishes it. It's 100% the owners responsibility in regard to his taxes, therefore it is NOT illegal to fish a water that does not have a siret number, in the same way it's not illegal to buy something from a shop that doesn't pay it's taxes.

Secondly, public liability insurance isn't in any way connected to a siret number, as it's possible to get PL insurance in France whilst having your business declared in the UK. What you say would only apply if you had lied to the insurance company and said you were a declared business in France when you weren't.

In the UK it is very common to say ask a builder how much for cash (to ovoid paying tax). In France ask a builder that question and he more than likely to report you and you could will be taken to court.

Really !!

You live a very sheltered life my friend.

The French are the same as anywhere else in the world, if they can fiddle the taxman they will. !

The 'black economy' in France is thriving as it is everywhere.

The main example is houses. A substantial proportion of properties sold in France involve a certain amount of 'cash' to lower notaires fees.

All money made from or in France MUST be declared in France, it is illegal to register any business solely in the UK where the income comes from renting French property or sales made in France etc. The 2010 Double Taxation treaty underpins this. This applies even if payments are made in sterling and don't leave the UK. If the money is paid for the use of a physical French property i.e. gite, lake etc it is illegal not to declare that in France.

Discocarper, if the French tax authorities raid a French venue which isn't registered in France and therefore does not have a SIRET number (and they have, several) the venue will be instantly closed down and fined back taxes for every year since it opened commercially. Any angler fishing or has booked will lose their holiday and can have their tackle confiscated for participating in an illegal enterprise.... the owner if he cannot pay the back taxes will have any French property he owns confiscated and he can be given a custodial sentence of up to four years........ :twisted:

And don't tell me it is tosh because I know of several individuals/fisheries it has already happened to.....including a friend of mine whose house and lake was confiscated and he was given the option of prison or never coming back to France again. He chose the latter, and the case took place in Brittany.

Any anger fishing a fishery without a SIRET number or using a French company without a SIRET number is committing an offence under French law and would have no liability insurance if anything happened to them or others on the property etc. It has nothing to do whatsover with paying tax or not paying tax, it is about whether you are registered or not in France. You can still choose to evade taxes if you want, that's up to you, but if you are not registered in France in the first place that is illegal and anyone knowingly using an illegal business is also committing illegality.

By profession I am a lawyer, by the way.

If it has not got a SIRET numnber don't go....simples!