Crete Lakes

eadesyc

Went to Crete lakes in April this year, Dover coach pick up worked great. Secure car park, big trailer for the gear, bait boats etc go under the coach.

Few minutes to the ferry terminal & then a comfortable ride to the lakes.

Organisation & food at the lakes first class.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 year later...

Doing my 3rd trip in April 2014, used the coach service on the first trip and some of my gear got damaged through poor loading !

Bedchair paintwork got chipped because they said no bedchair bags and my brand new bivvy bag got holes in it due to rubbing on something during the journey, could've ruined the bivvy if it had gone on any longer ! Also limited to 8 items of luggage each.

It is a bonus being taken to the lakes if you don't like driving on the wrong side lol.

We now go in our own transport.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Got back from my 5th (and last) trip on 09/04/16. Last trip as we're moving on to new (to us) waters.

Cretelakes is a fine, well run complex, but getting too busy for my liking but understandable due to the quality of the fishing.

I fished Lake 5 - peg 52.

Found a line of gravel right across the swim about a rod length wide at about 60 yards, fished on this with all 3 rods for the whole week and fed 30 baits per rod to begin with as the guy who fished the previous week apparently only had 2 fish, so started with caution. The baiting was increased as the fish started to feed and be caught to about 100 boilies after each fish and the same amount each time the rigs were repositioned.

Bait was Mainline Cell & Essential Cell (10 kgs of each). All my hook baits were chopped and mostly fished 3 half baits on the hair coated in pineapple goo.

One rod fished with half bottom and half pop up baits and all tipped with yellow or white plastic corn stops and coated in Almond goo.

Throughout the week, i had mirrors of 29, 31, 22, 26.8, 29, 34, 21, 26, 24, 26.12, 43, 39, 20, 24, 29, 24, 37 and commons of 23, 24.8, 30.8, 32.4 

1 x 40, 6 x 30's and 14 x 20's. Total of 21 fish with only 2 lost fish, one due to me messing around trying to get my boat back before the gale that was blowing sank it , the other was basically an unstoppable run as soon as I picked the rod up it was at full pelt on the clutch, came off after about 3 seconds lol !

My mate had the biggest fish of the week off lake 1 - peg 9 at 66lb 6oz.

Only 1 of our 7 group members failed to catch with the others all having some nice fish between 30 & 46lbs.

Hope this helps