fishabil

jammyjohn

There has been PLENTY published about Fishabil in the past, although the past few years it has gone very quiet.

If you can get hold of them, back orders of CarpWorld with the CarpWorld sponsored Fishabil trips did make it big with a fair bit of info. Bill Cottam also wrote about Fishabil in his book Behind the Rods, with rig pics and some swim details, as did Tim Paisley in To Catch a Carp. Not much, but a start.

Now from what I can remember, there is no favoured spot, it can fish dependant on pressure, and bait is whatever you fancy, although Starmer Baits were sponsoring or arranging bookings at one point, so that may be a clue or not.

As with absolutely any fishing, don't confuse yourself with rigs, plain knotless knotted/line aligned rig works almost anywhere, and the choice of hooklink material is endless

I fished there around 12 years ago when Ian starmer had bought it (or just bought the rights) from the chap that owned it. Maybe called rafael (?)- he was a multi millionaire who kept the rights to fish it from the top end near his house.

In those days you planted a length of conduit at range as your marker, baited hemp around it from a boat and then cast your rigs to your baited patch.

Common thinking went that all of the fish came from range. First night I had 2 30's from the margin on the damn wall and had a 45lb catfish from the margins on the last day.

Whilst I was there, there was a "photo shoot". Basically the ex owner used to get models in...have them parade round in skimpy gear and take photos of them with carp. At night he used to party with them till the early hours.

I fished there around 12 years ago when Ian starmer had bought it (or just bought the rights) from the chap that owned it. Maybe called rafael (?)- he was a multi millionaire who kept the rights to fish it from the top end near his house.

In those days you planted a length of conduit at range as your marker, baited hemp around it from a boat and then cast your rigs to your baited patch.

Common thinking went that all of the fish came from range. First night I had 2 30's from the margin on the damn wall and had a 45lb catfish from the margins on the last day.

Whilst I was there, there was a "photo shoot". Basically the ex owner used to get models in...have them parade round in skimpy gear and take photos of them with carp. At night he used to party with them till the early hours.

Rafael Faraggi, and he still owns it.

In fact if you go to https://forum.carp.com/wallpaper_p1.html there is one of his pics there :wink:

Ian Starmer ran the bookings for a number of years, but was just the agent for the fishery.

• 4 weeks later...