hertfordshire night fishing over new years eve.

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding Brooke at Carthagena. I'm a member there, it's gated/locked from public access via the footpath and I doubt many people even notice the car entrance (which is also gated and locked) and it would be a fair walk to Brooke from there without a car anyway. There's also very rarely no other anglers on the syndi lake (though it's also rarely 'busy')

Brooke is still on a day ticket, but will be going syndi next year unless Jerry has changed his plans. He's doing a signing at Johnson Ross in Hoddeson on the 17th, so you could go and have a quick chat with him then.

As a plus, it's a nice water with some cracking fish in. I've never felt anything but safe there.

• 4 weeks later...
hi all,just wondered if anyone can give me any info on SAFE places to night fish as close to Hertford as possible for new years eve.

Gonna be on my own so want a secure lake.

don't fancy any late night visits by beer'd up chavs :lol:

Banjo or Stock Pit?

http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/outdoors/places-to-fish/banjo-lake/

http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/outdoors/places-to-fish/stock-pit/

Guest keenook

I find it really sad that you have to ask Baz!

I'm not allowed to fish on my own, becuase of Stroke issues I am still fighting, and only fish with friends, but in your case, you should be able to enjoy yourself with out that worry, sad indeed!

it is a shame kev, but im afraid thats the way its gone anglers have become targets for yobbo's i had it happen to me on the school pool which is fenced and gated, i challenged a youth who was fishing just a rod no l/net or any other gear, i knew he shouldnt be there so i told him he had to leave next thing i know theres a dozen youths giving me grief i had to phone the son in law im ashamed to say and he is built like an outside toilet, they threatened to throw me and all my tackle in when the son walked through the gate and round the bank to me carrying a persuader they soon ran off. my wife had called the police who managed to turn up 3 hours later when i was at home. so now i keep a persuader hidden in my bag just in case

Guest keenook

Indeed Pete, I suppose there is more of this happening today as there are many more people targeting Carp today!

And it's easy to have £1000's of gear on a rod pod!

It's nothing new, but a lot more today, Sad Indeed!

i am just getting my gear together to allow me to do overnighters but i wont do one on my own i shall be with one of the other guys i have befriended at the local lake, safetey in numbers....but it does spoil it while its nice to have someone to chat to i much prefer the solitude of carp fishing

hi all,just wondered if anyone can give me any info on SAFE places to night fish as close to Hertford as possible for new years eve.

Gonna be on my own so want a secure lake.

don't fancy any late night visits by beer'd up chavs :lol:

Banjo or Stock Pit?

http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/outdoors/places-to-fish/banjo-lake/

http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/outdoors/places-to-fish/stock-pit/

cheers nick they look like a good choice...only 8 miles from me too,gonna have a look at them sometime in next 2 weeks