Advice on Trakker SLX v2..???

Used to have the jrc sti 2 man twin skin, to be honest I'm torn between the slx v2 and the 1 man jrc sti :(

Looking for someithing a bit bigger than a jrc stealth brolly a bit warmer and drier :) for the colder months.

I've had my slx v2 1 man for about a year now and can't fault it at all. It's solid as a rock in the wind and bone dry in the rain, the peak is a great feature in the rain. While all my friends are all zipped up trying to stay dry when its raining I'm able to keep the door open and look out to the lake as the peak keeps the rain out the doorway. Its plenty warm enough when its cold with the winter skin on and i can even manage to get 2 bed chairs in with room to spare when the better half wants to come along.

Overall, for its price its a great bivvy well put together and does everything you ask of it

I have had the slx mark 1 for 3 years and its still going strong and it's been used A LOT and thought about getting the slx v2 just because it has a peak, I just spent two months in Wigan and I was melting inside my bivvy because I was wearing a full dress suit and full thermal underwear it was very hot, That made my mind up that my next bivvy would have proper coat hooks like my brolly (jrc stealth ll) because the cats can climb through the vents which is so much better in the heat, But as we don't get much sun over here i would say yes get one.

• 8 years later...