6 Island Lake , Willowcroft Fishery , Nr Wisbech

Hello ALL !

Ive been a member of 6 island now for 3 years now , but have only fished it a couple of times this year since its been dug out , but i am finding it very difficult :( .

The baits , rigs etc that used to work for me dont seem to produce for me anymore .

Is anyone else finding it difficult or is it me ! :oops:

Any advise on bait , rigs etc would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

iv never been,went once to their old lake...and that was enough for me!

but im guessing over the years its changing???, not just a freshly dug mud hole????

if so then there is a good chance that the fish have a few other food sources these days other than just anglers baits...............+ they may be getting clued up :wink:

I'm using 15mm cell sometimes tipped with plastic corn , also I use big halibut pellets on a standard lead clip rig , either would catch carp and catfish , nothing too fancy .

Also when I say dug out I mean it was dug deeper last summer to try and overcome the weed problem .

Yes still members lake . There only seems to be weed around the islands now .

I think you may be on to something about being bored !

My local tackle shop told me that cell out sell other baits 10 to 1 ! :shock:

Cell are selling more baits because of the amount of people who see cell being advertised. Dosnt take carp long to figure things out.

Try something different, ditch boilies and go with maggot? (if there are no silvers) luncheon meat or sweetcorn

Hello mate , i have been fishing willowcroft since november last year, i have not had a bad session really, i have had a 40lb+, i have caught 30lb+ fish through out the winter, i find cell does catch! and even though it is not a hard water i think rigs are important as always when fishing. Red maggots from late in the year right through till april have got me really good catches, try some different rigs popped up maggots are really good. Remember that those fish are pressured and have seen it all before! I find heavy baiting has not worked for me but know some people it works for. Swim selection is important! All som i have noticed since may ish they like showing them selves a fair bit, but you need to really be looking. Also i have moved half way through a session and this has done me really well, a lot of people down there set up camp and thats it!! hope this helps you can always pm me if you have any questions