South Yorkshire Going OUT OF MY MIND !!

Hi guys, just getting back in to carp fishing, when i started i fished syndicates like Wentworth lakes and mostly went night fishing to places like sapphire, i never actually did Day sessions so to speak, I know theres stubbs hall but its an absolute dive and i wouldn't be seen dead there lol, So basically can anyone recommend any decent carp water within an hours drive to rotherham, Day ticket lakes, Not pole bashing lakes, rods reels and alarms lakes lol.

Ive searched and checked the forums and best i can seem to find is alderfen lakes near doncaster but its very weedy and my friend is kind of Newbie and want him to at least get 1 run, i don't mind blanking tho lol.

thanks

sam

• 1 month later...

What about Sally walshes? Ie Hoyle mill at back of hemsworth water park. Contains some good fish up to and over 30, big cat fish and general corse fish. It was home of the famous Sally 40lb mirror! It's framed in the Barnsley bait co shop in maplewell. Haha Stubbs hall! Your very true, John has lost the plot I think, last time I was there some idiots were jumping in! Rods in and left!

• 3 weeks later...