Leighton pool

There are still some peg's been booked out. 4 and 5 i think, all the stock is in one half of what's an already small pool, he's built a dam across the middle of it while they drained the other side down so might be good for a bite but he's ruined it if you ask me. No island and no pad's anymore. Might as well cut down all the surrounding tree's :roll:

In other words he has took all the charm out of the place, sorry jemsue had just previously looked at something else on the net but this is the pool in question, damn shame was an idilic little pool just hope it doesn't turn into another plain hole in the ground. All it wanted was the pegs refurbing and the removal of the downed tree if it really needed that doing.

Fished there recently for the first time, there won't be a next time, wasn't impressed.

There are some good beds of pads, along the dam, by the small boat shed and by the fallen tree. As for the fish, don't know, the owner says all the fish are 20+'s but I never saw any, my mate caught 3 all around the 10lb mark. Owner says once he's finished the half that's drained he's going to drain the other half ready for working on, reckons it'll be a couple of years before the whole lake is open again. As I said, won't fish there again.