BAA Coppice disaster waiting to happen and it has!!!

Hi guys,

Coppice pool has suffered a major fish kill due to low oxygen levels and coinciding with spawning. :cry: Had a drive up yesterday and it was a heart breaking sight, large carp and bream floating on the surface and hundreds of roach from a few onces to 2lb all belly up. They had just 2 pumps for the whole pool both sat in the same area, god sake get to tool hire and hire 10 of them. So much funds and not a clue how to put them to good use, there was also one man on his own in his 60's trying to remove all the dead fish, put something on the website asking for members to lend a hand. BAA's out and out carp what....well run it like one then! :evil: Sorry for the rant but truly horrendous scenes which I am not surprised to see I am afraid, just hope some of the big girls survive, rumour has the big mirror has been sadly lost which is a big big shame.

Shaun.

most clubs are the same TAA my local club has a few disasters waiting to happen!

The people who run it secutary, chairman ect are on different planet there proper numties with no fishery management skills wats so ever!

The lakes and stokes are there but the lakes need complete over haul to reach there full potential and stop disasters happening!

I fished this lake before they took it on , and they have done nothing but ruin it , Rip out all the features and plant life which help the natural balance of the lake, and stick more and more pegs in , Its a real shame to hear about this there were some lovely fish in there. Not fished there since the BAA took it on had a look a few times and it was shoulder to shoulder with noddies :cry:

most clubs are the same TAA my local club has a few disasters waiting to happen!

The people who run it secutary, chairman ect are on different planet there proper numties with no fishery management skills wats so ever!

The lakes and stokes are there but the lakes need complete over haul to reach there full potential and stop disasters happening!

if you do not like the way something is run go elsewhere.

if you do not like the way something is run go elsewhere.

Yea go elsewhere,don't try to get it run better...

Whats running away going to acheive apart from failure?

I have atually made some progress on the lake i fish that they RENT thats bout all they do though. The lake in question is with out doubt the jewl in there crown but they dont even realise what they have.

Luckily the bailiff on there sound and there is progress been made. slowly but surely!

The lakes that have got problems ie. overstocked, Litter, over pruning, poaching ect i dont fish them not for a long time anyway the thing that annoys me is some of these lakes have bags of potencial with rite management.

Thankfully the two decent carp waters they have are been left alone at the moment but they on bout getting rid of the weed on the one, becuase the commitee members dont want to tench fish in the weed and thats there attitude. Destroy Not Preserve! Should be there moto.