Carp Lakes around West Midlands

Hi everyone i have recently moved back to brum from kent and i am looking for a decent carp water to fish. I am currently on Sion Farm Fisheries trying to wrinkle out a twenty, if any exsist. I have to admit i have been a bit spoilt with fishing as i used to fish chilham mill which was an excellent water stuffed full of carp, maybe i have set my expectations to high but surely there must be a similar lake around the west midlands

Thanks

hiya bud, ive spent all winter on there chasing so called 20s, the best ive had is a 14lb mirror. Had loads and loads of fish between 7lb and 12lb. biggest ive seen out was a 17lb common from the back pool. Its not the best place to fish but its on my door step some of the things ive seen happen down there have been shocking with fish care and disrespectful anglers. The place has seen better days, could do with new pegs all the way round, the amount of litter i pickup before i start fishing is a joke. Wouldnt mind but theres bins all round the pool and the water quality is really bad its stained my mainline a yellow colour. I wont be fishing it any more my self bud going onto poolhall this year to see what that throws up but what ive heard about that it doesnt seem to good,but will see for myself. :?

Yeah i have noticed the general condition of the fish to be pretty poor, however i have had a few that looked like they haven,t been caught before but for the most part the mouths of the fish are damaged. Not surprising when you see who fishes on there really, plus i like to get there as soon as it opens to set the traps but regulary get (urm how can i put this politely) some people set up right next door and continuously cast to where i am fishing, which isnt best pleasing undoing all my hard work. I am sure there is a twenty in there but is it worth all the hassle you have to go through whilst being there. Ill give it a couple of more shots but as soon as i start feeling its not right then ill be off to pastures new. I totally agree with the litter thing i have done it myself and the only reason i do is because i cannot stand rubbish in my swim, its a great shame others do not have the same respect. We all have a part to play in keeping fish safe and keeping the enviroment around us tidy and bins are supplied. I did notice a few roach/bream hybrids dead covered in a brownish algee floating around.

most of the fish ive had there mouths have been ok, had some really clean looking commons. Im the same as you im always first there so as to get the island peg on the far side it always produces fish. I always get the same mate somone set up next to me then throw there rigs wherever. I might go down there for one last trip sunday with the weather the way it is it might keep some of the idiots away. i can only hope.

yeah ill be down there sunday as well, id like to see how the fish are getting on see if theres any more floating around. Ill be there first thing, i am sure there must be a twenty in there somewhere, problem with the island is i think its more of an angler magnet more than a fish magnet i fished a similar place a few years ago all the carp that patrolled the island were small and i have seen a few big splashes in the corners and i have had the bigger fish from the margins, i think the bigger ones are mainly feeding on the match anglers baits and avoiding the island, so im going to see this sunday

The fish are in a complete state due to the poor fish handling I have witnessed!

Owner (who hasnt got a clue IMO and cares even less!) has a stupid boilie ban but then doesnt insist on unhookinh mats! Ive lost count of the amount of rows Ive had with idiots who were letting carp flap around on hard ground there! :evil:

The island is a fish magnet but they are all small...........I always did very well to the left of the car park and about 5 swims up...and then only about 3 rod lengths out :wink:

Zigs would rip that place apart

I stopped fishing it about 2 years ago as I just couldnt stand the nod element and the poor fish care.

Hi guys,only fished this place a few times as its full ov idiots,but i can say that my mate who i used to go fishing with when i was living that way had a 23lb mirror which i landed for him.

He caught it on chopped meatballs which they love down there but i havent seen another twenty come out there.

I do have a pic if some one wants to guide me how to put a pic on this site as i havent got a clue.

There is a few high doubles in there as a few ov us have had 16,s 18,s out there but it is full off little carp and u need to get passed them first if u want the bigger ones.

john[/img]

To be honset im on Kingsnordley Specimen Pool now anyway, it feels like it should produce at least a high twenty, i just get feelings on waters and if it doesnt feel right im off. Ive caught quite a few fish already and im just gathering info on where the biggies have been caught from. I had a long chat with the bailiff on sunday and he,s pionted me in he right direction and ive changed my approach slightly. So ill just have to persevere and see what i can get out.

Cheers, it is a nice place to fish, the litter is picked up on a daily basis if there is any at all. It just feels like it going to produce a few nice twenties and maybe higher from what i have been told. Fingers crossed im there saturday, i hope the carp gods are feeling kind towards me. :wink:

• 1 year later...

Not sure whether any1 is still looking at this thread, but i had a 25.04 out of sion in 2013.. wasnt best condition but the mouth was fine, the pools full of idiots and annoys the hell out of me, has anybody got much experience at himley i know its fishing well at the minute, and willesley hall ? i heard thats a good place want to check it out,

cheers in advance ( if any1s still here)

• 10 months later...

Sion Farm Fishery. New fishery platforms are excellent, they've done a lot a work down there. Had some great fishing during the summer/ autumn 2014, will be there catching those big carp as soon as the weather warms up this year!

welcome mate nice first plug,I mean post.No giant carp in there though,at least I hope not anyway :)