Shrewely Pool

Hey guys.

Just a quicky, i know this is a match pool but was wondering if anyone has ever fished here? (its in balsall common by/on the pig farm) I have a work match coming up tommorow just a for a social really and a little competition. So i had a walk round with my dad today and we was really un impressed with the lake.

Just looked really run down and not well looked after. Just wondering what the fishing on it is like?

Any experiences with the lake would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ross.

Yes, I'm here. The place is a disgrace to be blunt, and the fish resemble parrots. Dreadful mouth damage is entirely commonplace, they have no lips.

I've fished there once and shall never, ever do so again. Stock levels are ridiculously high, to the point that competition for food is necessary just for the fish to survive, so they'll just take whatever you put in front of them. A pork pie would probably do.

When I left there I felt dirty and my conscience would NOT allow me back there unless it's to find the owner and give him the kicking he richly deserves.

Now it's time to see if YOUR conscience will allow you to further damage the poor creatures. I have the impression that you're a compassionate angler so I sincerely hope that you'll give it a miss.

Ian

Yes, I'm here. The place is a disgrace to be blunt, and the fish resemble parrots. Dreadful mouth damage is entirely commonplace, they have no lips.

I've fished there once and shall never, ever do so again. Stock levels are ridiculously high, to the point that competition for food is necessary just for the fish to survive, so they'll just take whatever you put in front of them. A pork pie would probably do.

When I left there I felt dirty and my conscience would NOT allow me back there unless it's to find the owner and give him the kicking he richly deserves.

Now it's time to see if YOUR conscience will allow you to further damage the poor creatures.

Ian

Cheers for being completly honest

I had a feeling the state of the fish would be poor.

Landing stages where a mess and its just a tip! a right mess. Me and my dad where very dissapointed with the looks of it and really not looking forward to tommorow.

God knows how long ago the pictures for the internet where taken but it clearly isnt recent.

Cheers Ian.

Ross.

Ross, if you're at all like me you'll be leaving a couple of hours after arriving, cursing the damn fool owner and his greed for money at the cost of disfiguring hundreds of what were once some of Mother Nature's finest.

Mick has for some time been aware of my feelings about this situation, hence the wink at the end of his post. He knew I'd pull no punches.

Ian

Ross, if you're at all like me you'll be leaving a couple of hours after arriving, cursing the damn fool owner and his greed for money at the cost of disfiguring hundreds of what were once some of Mother Nature's finest.

Mick has for some time been aware of my feelings about this situation, hence the wink at the end of his post. He knew I'd pull no punches.

Ian

You are probably right there Ian and if it wasnt for the great breakfast we are having before hand tommorow i wouldnt bother going.

I know how you and Mick bounce around off each other and knew something was coming hence his wink.

But i thought you was going to say you love the place or something along them lines. Just glad i wasnt missing the point and what i seen is exaclty what it was.

guessing there isnt any 18lb carp in there then? :wink:

Ian

You are probably right there Ian and if it wasnt for the great breakfast we are having before hand tommorow i wouldnt bother going.

I know how you and Mick bounce around off each other and knew something was coming hence his wink.

But i thought you was going to say you love the place or something along them lines. Just glad i wasnt missing the point and what i seen is exaclty what it was.

The lad who collects your money claimed that he'd had a 23lb common but he's the owners son and is maybe 11.

Ian

Ian

The lad who collects your money claimed that he'd had a 23lb common but he's the owners son and is maybe 11.

Ian

Ha! i'l believe that when i see it.

Ross.