Essex dayticket waters

i would recommend crow green fishery brentwood.. £23 for 3 rods 24 hours. £13 for 3 rods 12 hours. good parking very close to lakes. 3 lakes car park lake carp to 18lbs or so the odd sturgeon/cat and small pike and bream.

match lake carp to the same size. bream etc. The big lake cats to 80lbs carp to 35lbs pike to 20lbs sturgeon to 50lbs. Without doubt one of the best if not the best day ticket water in essex. note not an easy lake the big one. very popular at weekends .would recommend the angler go midweek april to november . note there is the odd crayfish problem there.

facilities are ok but not great. there is showers??? washing facilities and water (mains) there is also electricity outputs also. The only negative is that its very popular in the summer at weekends.

Another lake worth considering is birds green better facilites with showers and cafe and tackle shop. but again very popular with the younger guys so can be a little noisy in the summer. about the same price range. carp close to 30lbs. not as difficult as crow green but you are unlikely to get any sleep there. ideal for a quick 24 hours or 12 hours by the way you need to join there night club at £24 one off fee.

which one would i fish if a serious angler wanting to do a 48 hour or longer "crow Green"

Not my part of the world, but nice to see a write up about venues, rather than questions about them :wink:

Agreed! Maybe we could start a day ticket waters across the country thread, where everyone could do a write up about the day ticket waters in their area, that way there is all the information in one place, that's easy to locate.

It might help lower the amount of "where is a good day ticket in.........." thread that pop up all the time.

Great post mate :D

Good idea Mr Fox, although having had a look around the forum it looks as though a similar thing had been suggested before, but didn't really take off.

Perhaps we could resurrect the idea? I'd be willing to put some info together for my area. Anyone else?

There is also the 'carp waters' page, linked to from the home page menu, which lists venues by county. Would it be possible to add a link or sticky to that page from the 'UK where to fish' forum page?

• 2 weeks later...