360 rigs...

relentlessdj

Cheers for that. iv had a quick sift through and yeah i dont think i really need it. just been a spait of blanks lately so wanted to try pop ups more and thought this would be good for them. I try not to get caught up in all this rig nonsense and have only really fished knotless knots....is this ok for pop ups or should i look to using a stiffer set up?!

thanks!

have a search for the kd rig mate. basically tie the knotless knot but once you have wound round the hook down the hair lift the hair and wind round a couple of times under it. i am so bad at trying to explain things lol, what will happen is where you wind a couple of times under the hair it kicks it out a little. google it and you will find a far better explanation than what i can give lol

I've used a variation of it in the past and would use it again on harder waters where necessary. I agree that there is a larger percentage chance of a double hook hold in the mouth.

That said, when I've used barbed hooks with the rig- I've found it is substantially less likely to double hook (I don't think I ever had one whilst using the barbed version).

I probably wouldn't use the non-barbed version of the rig in the future and would try and use something else.

Its all good i know the rig. your explantaion is spot on! Is it fine to just hair rig the pop up on as i see alot of people use bait floss instead?!? whats the reasoning?

The reasoning behind it is as you pierce the pop up, you break the skin allowing it to take on water and become less buoyant over time, also if your using cork ball pop ups then there is a good chance you will push some cork through the pop up, creating a rather big tear in the skin of the pop up, which reduces the integrity of the pop up and makes it more likely to loose buoyancy.

It's only really a problem if you have the same pop up out for many hours.