first trip to france reccomendations

muscle20

me and a mate are looking to go to france next year. would like the following.

carp in the 20-40lb range and not too hard.

no craYFISH OR POISSON CHAT

reasonably close to calais say 2-4 hours

no need for a bait boat

any suggestions based on actually having fished there recently and what month of the year would you go.

Rushes Lake, Les Nouys, Vire en Champagne.

Any time of year but August suited me fine, thank you.

You WILL catch carp between 20 and 40 pounds, lots of them.

Unfortunately ( :shock: ) you'll also, probably, catch large catfish, Fascinating, enigmatic creatures that they are.

4 hours from Calais/Bolougne.

No need for a baitboat, no snags, no weed problem, no need to cook as the food package is to die for.

The tranquility is complete. I wish I lived there.

Google Rushes Lake, you'll be glad you did.

Ian

Rushes Lake, Les Nouys, Vire en Champagne.

Any time of year but August suited me fine, thank you.

You WILL catch carp between 20 and 40 pounds, lots of them.

Unfortunately ( :shock: ) you'll also, probably, catch large catfish, Fascinating, enigmatic creatures that they are.

4 hours from Calais/Bolougne.

No need for a baitboat, no snags, no weed problem, no need to cook as the food package is to die for.

The tranquility is complete. I wish I lived there.

i can second that and am looking forward to aug 2012 when i return for my second visit but definitely not the last :D:D

Ian for a week there with food and ferry crossing how much roughly would it be, not taking alcohol into thought :shock::D

Sime, work on a figure around £750-00 and you'll get your bait too. A little cheaper if you get enough people involved to book the lake exclusively.

Cheaper still if said number of people have access to a minibus with enough room for anglers and tackle, as you'd be "saving" on multiple ferry costs and road toll fees. Fuel costs, too.

As regards alcohol, I took Strongbow with me. Lots of it, you'll be surprised to hear. Turns out I could have saved money by buying locally. Not Strongbow but some good locally produced cider, as well as a serious host of other drink, is available at the huge supermarket around 6 miles from the lake.

Hope this helps.

Ian

I went to Rushes in late May two years ago and the weather was fantastic. It was so hot finding shade was the problem! We did have some rain - it came down like proverbial stair rods - and I got a run right in the middle of it :lol:

I used some cell there and they seemed to like it although not one of the normal baits used.

Can't wait 'till next August!!