The Genesis year

gillcover

Well thats about it for us at Genesis lake for this season , with our last anglers leaving on the 8th October . As for the catches we've had during the past 7 months we have had 427 carp from 10 to 20 lbs ,545 20 to 25 lbs, 161 25 to 30 lbs and 58 30 to 38.11lbs banked .The year started with Darren , Alan, Pete and John back in April with an impressive (just under) 3 1/2 tons, the lions share going to Darren with 72 carp to mid thirties, that set a record. Another record was set during May with Gerard landing a 38 lb Mirror, well done that man. Things slowed a little in June/July with just 18 carp over 30 lbs being caught and 32 between 25 and 30 lbs . August was quiet with just two weeks booked and 8 anglers on the lake, still managed to bank 7 carp to the mid 30's 6 from 25 to 30lbs and 66 20 to 25's . September came with 5 to the mid 30's 22 to 25 /30lbs and 67 20 to 25 's. Now last year (2010) we had a German guy fishing the lake he then set a new record with a mirror carp of 36 lbs well he came again this year (same week) and done it again. 72 Carp 14 of which were over 30 and up to 38lb.11 oz we feel thats a great end to this season for us here at Genesis Lake , We would like to say well done to all those carp anglers who visited us and look forward to seeing you all again in the future. Best wishes to all from Eddy and Val ,,,O and Minyon the bivvy cat(mouser extraordinaire)

A few pics of the Carp caught this year

genesis11.jpg

genesis6.jpg

genesis12.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

common20lb5oz.jpg

25lbtwotone.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

dazgenesis510Small.jpg

Hi Kim Iain

how are you 2 doing it has been good this year for us, met great people

and had a few laughs on the way. It was a good lazy summer day wasn't it . I think one that has to be repeated. Lets hope next season is a special one for all of us.

Hi Gaz well we'll have the quiet but plenty of work to do around the lake

so no rest just yet , maybe I'll let Val have a day off sometime in late December

hi Eddy and Val

glad you had a great year really enjoyed our week at with you. looking forward to coming back in april again to see if we can smash our record. (hopefully john wont be having a spell in the hozy next year) and also vals amazing cooking. you two look after youreselves hope the knee opp goes well and we will see you in april.

cheers

alan darren john & pete

Hi Niall and Cromusdomus(Alan)

we are looking forward to seeing you guys in April, without looking in the book I think Niall follows you Alan , so you may very well meet up .

The knee has been done and I can tell you now " It dont arf urt" the doctor said it wouild be 300 € I said what about the tax he replied wont use tax we'll glue it on ,,,, ta da

• 1 month later...

hi eddy and val

hope you are both well and eddy's knee is on the mend. i would like to wish you both a merry christmas and a happy new year.

you really are one of the nicest couples ive ever met," all the best" for christmas and new year, see you in april.

john

and a merry christmas to one and all who read this :D