Pva with helicopters

cobleyn

Go on. I'm lost. Can't see why a few boilies on a stringer or a little bag on the hook wouldn't work?

No reason why it shouldn't work at all :wink:

Lead in PVA bag full of crumb, pellets chopped and whole boilies with hook nicked into bag used to work a treat for me. I even used stringers attached to the hook with no problems.

Go on. I'm lost. Can't see why a few boilies on a stringer or a little bag on the hook wouldn't work?

Lead in PVA bag full of crumb, pellets chopped and whole boilies with hook nicked into bag used to work a treat for me. I even used stringers attached to the hook with no problems.

Like above, or you can fish pva sticks etc, some ways use semifixed back stops, otherways use a swivel lead fished helicopter style so you can tie pva things on directly under the lead.

Are you suggesting putting the lead, and the hook all in the bag, or just the lead? either way I see a problem with the hook bait finishing up some distance from the freebies (depending on where your rig sits on the line.

I have never used PVA with a heli/chod rig although I would like to. The reason I haven't is I see either the hookbait being several feet from the freebies or else a weighty PVA bag pulling the rig out of position on the cast. If I could work around these issues then I would love to hear about it in more detail.

Well...sat in the bivvy. Been knocking out helicopters with PVA stringers on the hook all afternoon...no problems.

Don't they write some rubbish in magazines...I'll dig the article out and name and shame the numpty.

Theres a few people that say you cant due to fish saftey.

I've always used a little stick or bag with both heli's and chods mainly for piece of mind than adding freebies

With the way the hooklenth sits on the rig and has some free movement I'd have that nagging feeling in my mind that it's somehow spun back up on it's self and tangled

• 2 weeks later...

I always use PVA mesh with helicopter rigs, in fact, I wouldn’t use them without. Obviously there’s no point in sticking the lead, hook link and everything into a PVA bag, but I find that a bit of PVA mesh stuffed with a few tasty offerings, attached to the hook, stops any danger of the rig tangling when casting, and puts a little pile of bait right where you want it.

try googleing solar quick change pva system, specifically designed to be used with helicopter rigs, ive used them for a couple of seasons and they're very effective.

Sssshhh don't tell everyone, only messing I think they too are also great. A very simple idea that works well and you have no worries about tangling.

when i use pva bags on any rig,i first put piece of pva

rig foam in the bag then fill it,as i use quick links i remove

the rig,put a stringer needle through the top of the pva bag

aiming for the pva foam i put in at the bottom,go through

the foam and out the bottom of the bag,attach the rig pull

it back through,as the hook pulls up the bottom of the bag

get the point into the pva rig foam,i do this for few reasons

when casting it gives you more of an grip in the bag and you

can give it a bit more on the cast,and so the hook point

doesnt pull into any chopped boillies.

i used helicopter rigs with the above pva method to great effect on my last trip to france,carp to 33 and cats to 42